Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

POLITE NOTICE - ON THE MISUSE OF CODES

I noticed today that it is no longer necessary to use a presale code to purchase VIP packages as of 3:00 pm local time (according to Ticketmaster).  See highlighted section below:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM CST

VIP Packages On sale 

End: Wed, 06/10/15 10:00 PM CDT

U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages 

Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM CST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 12:00 PM CST

Fan Club Bundles 

Start: Fri, 12/05/14 03:00 PM CST

VIP Packages 

"There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles."

I'm wondering since the VIP packages are no longer "password protected" does this not count towards the 2 ticket limit?  I certainly don't want to exceed the limit so I haven't purchased more than the two I already bought with my code but I'm wondering what the deal is with this.  Very confusing.  

I may have found the answer to my own question. Found this on Ticketmaster for the Vancouver shows:

Ticket Limits

"There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles, a 4 ticket limit for VIP Packages during the presale period after December 5th at 3PM and a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale. No ticket limit thereafter"

I tried to buy tix for 2 shows with same presale code before I realized that the limit was 2 per presale, not per show. The system told me the code had already been used, so I didn't get the tix. I only have two tickets, so I'm assuming the "no harm/no foul" rule applies?

I posted something similar in another thread, but I guess this might be the appropriate one.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "misuse" per se, but I want to be on the safe side.

I got through on thursday with an eXPERIENCE presale code and was able to buy one ticket for Stockholm 1 and one for Stockholm 2 with the single code. As of friday morning the FAQ has been revised re: Stockholm and now states the following:

"Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

Please note: due to different ticketing systems in Stockholm and Amsterdam, if you use your code for either of these shows it is valid for only a single transaction. You could buy two tickets for a show in one of these cities but if you bought only one ticket, the code would not work to buy a second ticket."

Obviously I'm still within the two ticket-limit, but does the fact that I made two transactions mean I'm in risk of getting my tickets cancelled? Please help me out, oh mighty bigwave!

I noticed today that it is no longer necessary to use a presale code to purchase VIP packages as of 3:00 pm local time (according to Ticketmaster).  See highlighted section below:

Onsale to General Public

VIP Packages On sale 

End: Wed, 06/10/15 10:00 PM CDT

U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages 

Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM CST

Fan Club Bundles 

VIP Packages 

"There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles."

I'm wondering since the VIP packages are no longer "password protected" does this not count towards the 2 ticket limit?  I certainly don't want to exceed the limit so I haven't purchased more than the two I already bought with my code but I'm wondering what the deal is with this.  Very confusing.  

I agree

I tried to buy tix for 2 shows with same presale code before I realized that the limit was 2 per presale, not per show. The system told me the code had already been used, so I didn't get the tix. I only have two tickets, so I'm assuming the "no harm/no foul" rule applies?

correct :)

I posted something similar in another thread, but I guess this might be the appropriate one.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "misuse" per se, but I want to be on the safe side.

I got through on thursday with an eXPERIENCE presale code and was able to buy one ticket for Stockholm 1 and one for Stockholm 2 with the single code. As of friday morning the FAQ has been revised re: Stockholm and now states the following:

"Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

Please note: due to different ticketing systems in Stockholm and Amsterdam, if you use your code for either of these shows it is valid for only a single transaction. You could buy two tickets for a show in one of these cities but if you bought only one ticket, the code would not work to buy a second ticket."

Obviously I'm still within the two ticket-limit, but does the fact that I made two transactions mean I'm in risk of getting my tickets cancelled? Please help me out, oh mighty bigwave!

To be doubly sure, I would get in touch with the ticketing vendor to confirm - you were not to know at the time, but the venue may have tight rules for whatever reason that we only became aware of at a late stage. Keep us updated (here or PM)

To be doubly sure, I would get in touch with the ticketing vendor to confirm - you were not to know at the time, but the venue may have tight rules for whatever reason that we only became aware of at a late stage. Keep us updated (here or PM)

Thanks for getting back to me! I'll keep you updated. I did send AXS an email yesterday (it's Saturday on this side of the pond) and I'll call in the morning if they're still unresponsive.

Edited by Nyman

I put my code in, found out there was no GA tickets left, backed out back into the waiting room, entered code again got to the ticket thing and then had to lock my iPad because teacher was coming (I bought tickets in class because I'm rock n roll) that backed me out into waiting room because I ran out of time...i then had to type in code again and I eventually purchased tickets on my third time trying

Is this OK?

Adam if you actually did this and are in high school you have instantly become my hero

Adam hero of the presale :D

It seems pretty hard to do that and it not be deliberate... 

Agree

I had four goes at entering the code - but the TM site kept timing out on me after I hit "buy" and it was only on the fourth go around that I got a confirmation. I assuming that if my credit card statement shows that I was only charged one time, that all is well.

Sign in to follow this