Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

POLITE NOTICE - ON THE MISUSE OF CODES

What I'm getting at is, as a subscriber do I exchange the ability to buy more tickets for the privilege of having the access to presales and those who choose not subscribe or use presale codes get to buy more tix as a kind of recompense for not being able to get early access. I'm sorry to be a pest when it's so busy and others have far more pressing problems, I just want to get my finances for this organised 

What I'm getting at is, as a subscriber do I exchange the ability to buy more tickets for the privilege of having the access to presales and those who choose not subscribe or use presale codes get to buy more tix as a kind of recompense for not being able to get early access. I'm sorry to be a pest when it's so busy and others have far more pressing problems, I just want to get my finances for this organised 

by rights, it should not be a problem, but ticket master and other ticket agencies have their own systems whereby they auto-flag up what they see may be a misuse and over-purchase from the same address. I have been today been told (by u2comteam) if subscribers have this happen to them we will make sure it gets rectified.

I entered code got to the buy screen.  Then changed ticket category and entered code again.  BUT I only bought one ticket for one show is that OK?

Please can you clarify.  If I only bought one ticket with pre-sale code can I buy one more ticket with same code if other dates are announced?

Thanks

yes, that should be the case (if it transpires otherwise, PM me)

Hi Lemon,

I don't feel safe, so maybe you can help me out.

In last Friday's pre-sale I was desperately trying to obtain 2 GA tickets for either Cologne (17 October) or Antwerp (14 October).

As a lecturer I left my class for a few minutes to try to secure tickets.

To cut a long story short: I went for Cologne first and got through. Two tickets bought.... but no confirmation email. Shit, panic struck and I went for Antwerp thinking I missed out on Cologne already. Yes, I managed to get 2 GA Antwerp tickets.

Later on (late in the afternoon already) I noticed that the Cologne tickets were mobile tickets and had been sent to my mobile phone.

So it seems I did manage to get 2 GA's for Cologne and 2 GA's for Antwerp. And using the same pre-sale code.

| was aware that I was only allowed to buy 2 tickets, but wasn't aware of the mobile ticket situation for Cologne. And in the heat and stress of the moment I followed instinct.

Yes I do want to go to both U2 shows (Cologne and Antwerp) but I want to stress that I am no scalper, and did not deliberately try to cheat on the system. I don't buy extra tickets to sell them off with a huge profit to others.

But I also want to follow the rules and understand that through my (stupid) action somebody else might have missed out.

Lemon, what do you advise me? I don't want to exploit the system, but I really do want to go and see U2.

For me it makes sense to give up one pair of tickets (preferably I give up Antwerp and keep the Cologne tickets), but don't know how to do. I suppose I cannot just cancel the order as I have already paid for both pairs of tickets.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

best,

Alexander

When I was having trouble with the TM web site, multiple orders went through. Ticket Master automatically cancelled one of the orders. 

by rights, it should not be a problem, but ticket master and other ticket agencies have their own systems whereby they auto-flag up what they see may be a misuse and over-purchase from the same address. I have been today been told (by u2comteam) if subscribers have this happen to them we will make sure it gets rectified.

Thanks so much for the clarity, so much of the official info is not explicit in this. Thanks for all your hard work the past few days, bet you're exhausted

Bigwave, just to make sure ...

On monday, can I get 4 tickets for Antwerp on my CC when I already got 2 for Paris on the same card?

Maybe a stupid question, and probably already answered hundred times or so, but I don't want to risk anything ...

Btw, thanks a lot to the mods for being so incredibly helpful and patient with all of us and our (repetetive) questions !!

Great job guys!!

By the way...anyone who works with U2...I just got presale tickets this morning, about a half hour ago, for the Chicago show (after many issues yesterday - like getting GAs and then being dropped by TM). 

This time, however, I was NEVER asked for my presale code. At all. 

Something smells...thought I'd let someone know.

Thanks.

Same thing happened in Boston!  

I had not yet used my presale code and maybe I was still signed in from last night but I didn't have to type in my code this morning when I switched from a NY to a Boston search. Tickets reference they were U2 presale on the receipt though.

Only a handful of single seats remaining so it won't be a huge debacle from a 'are resellers buying up the remaining tickets' standpoint but it's just another TM glitch

I've noticed it too, now you don't even need to enter a code and you can still buy presale tickets (btw I have NOT in any way taken advantage of this lol)

Sign in to follow this