POLITE NOTICE - ON THE MISUSE OF CODES

• Subscriber

My wife and I have 2 separate memberships to U2.com, thus 2 different pre-sale codes.  I used both codes - mine during the eXPERIENCE pre-sale, and hers during the iNNOCENCE pre-sale.  I used the same account/credit card for both Ticketmaster transactions though.  Will I lose my tickets because I used the same account/credit card on Ticketmaster? 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I had to record my presale code 4 or 5 times (maybe more) before to finalize the payment and be able to catch 2 tickets for Antwerp. Belgian TeleticketService is quite capricious! After encoding all the requested informations and the code, I saw a message asking me to record the presale code. I re-encoded the code (and the informations that were all disapeared) but the payment screen wasn't displayed. I repeated then all the procedure but a message was displayed telling me that the mail adress I had recorded was "already  known" (what does it mean??) and no ordering was possible. I finally closed all the windows and repeated the procedure encoding another mail adress. After this last attempt, I could proceed to payment. I have received this morning a mail from Teleticket confirming my 2 tickets reservation and payment.

Please Bigwave, tell me it's OK.

• Subscriber

I was told by TM, no. I called them with same worry. I explained situation and I was told I would not have order cancelled. This is not an abuse of the presale.

THANK YOU!

• Subscriber

There should be no problem with anyone buying tix w/the general onsale (obeying the general onsale limits, of course--4 for the first day) who has already bought their 2 presale tix.  The TM guidelines are pretty clear on this, I believe.  The presale and regular onsale limits are separate entities.

• Subscriber

The TM guidelines aren't clear on this at all.... Maybe for the US, but here it says you can order 4, but I have no idea if that means per transaction or total order. And what if I want to buy for Belgium and Cologne as well?

Indeed!

And what if you have already bought 2 tickets in presale and want to get 4 new ones in he general sale for the same show ... Can you do that on the same account and with the same CC or not?

• Subscriber

That's it!!. I'm going back to school and getting my PHD in the Procurement of TM Pre-Sale Tix.  If the tour extends past 2016, it could come in handy.  One should never stop learning.

• Community Manager

Bigwave, just to make sure ...

On monday, can I get 4 tickets for Antwerp on my CC when I already got 2 for Paris on the same card?

Maybe a stupid question, and probably already answered hundred times or so, but I don't want to risk anything ...

Btw, thanks a lot to the mods for being so incredibly helpful and patient with all of us and our (repetetive) questions !!

Great job guys!!

so many different rules for different venues / countries / ticket agencies. its confusing. my guess is should be ok. 

• Community Manager

Big Wave,

I am still confused! I used my code to get 2 RZ tix for Vancouver. Now I want to buy one ticket for a NY show at the general sale. If I use a different credit card but same billing address, will I be ok? I don't want to lose my RZ tix!

will be ok - this topic is not aimed at genuine fans / fans who live in same house as other fans, both with subscriptions - its a message to those who deliberately set out to misuse the presale. The tiny minority I hasten to add.