POLITE NOTICE - ON THE MISUSE OF CODES

• Subscriber

Sorry for my confusion...did you check your TicketMaster account and see the order in there with an order number? If so, you should be OK. You can call TM customer service and give them the order number and confirm that you are set. The extra emails a few people have received are what is making the few of us nervous. Why did only a few people receive that email? Makes us feel singled out and that our order may be red-flagged to cancel. If there is a problem with my order, I deserve to know before the general sale tomorrow.

No. Nothing appears on my ticketmaster account and I did not receive a confirmation number or message when I clicked on buy nor did I get any communication regarding my tickets from ticketmaster. I was actually trying to buy tickets still when I discovered an email from my credit card company saying I had been charged and from the insurance saying thank you for purchasing insurance. So I checked my account and there were no tickets. I tried to search for orders and nothing came up until I entered my credit card number. I found an order number but no order details come up. Only an error message. I have never bought from ticketmaster with no purchase emails or it not show up on my account, especially after 4 days. I am even more worried because my transaction never showed completed at check out and it showed my tickets released on the screen. I have pending almost $600 worth of tickets and have nothing showing I purchaed them other than a confirmation number with no order details....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Sorry for my confusion...did you check your TicketMaster account and see the order in there with an order number? If so, you should be OK. You can call TM customer service and give them the order number and confirm that you are set. The extra emails a few people have received are what is making the few of us nervous. Why did only a few people receive that email? Makes us feel singled out and that our order may be red-flagged to cancel. If there is a problem with my order, I deserve to know before the general sale tomorrow.

No. Nothing appears on my ticketmaster account and I did not receive a confirmation number or message when I clicked on buy nor did I get any communication regarding my tickets from ticketmaster. I was actually trying to buy tickets still when I discovered an email from my credit card company saying I had been charged and from the insurance saying thank you for purchasing insurance. So I checked my account and there were no tickets. I tried to search for orders and nothing came up until I entered my credit card number. I found an order number but no order details come up. Only an error message. I have never bought from ticketmaster with no purchase emails or it not show up on my account, especially after 4 days. I am even more worried because my transaction never showed completed at check out and it showed my tickets released on the screen. I have pending almost $600 worth of tickets and have nothing showing I purchaed them other than a confirmation number with no order details....

Sorry for all you are going through! I can see why you are concerned. I would definitely call the TM 800 number tonight and explain your situation. Since you do have an order number, at least you have something to work from! I would call tonight though while its quiet because tomorrow they will be crazy busy when the general sales start. Good luck!

• Subscriber

That "Don't worry..." e-mail is very standard and means nothing. I go to MSG shows all the time, and they always delay releasing the tickets. Had you looked beforehand, there is something on the site that would have also said there would be a delay. The idea being that some scalpers want to buy and flip quickly, so that gets them out of the pool by not telling them how long their money will be tied up. And then, it also gives Ticketmaster time to audit the sale to find people who bought too many, and identify bots, etc. Not a problem... you're fine.

It can be as long as two weeks before the delay is lifted.

• Subscriber

I put my code in, found out there was no GA tickets left, backed out back into the waiting room, entered code again got to the ticket thing and then had to lock my iPad because teacher was coming (I bought tickets in class because I'm rock n roll) that backed me out into waiting room because I ran out of time...i then had to type in code again and I eventually purchased tickets on my third time trying

Is this OK?

Adam if you actually did this and are in high school you have instantly become my hero

Mine too!

• Subscriber

There should be no problem with anyone buying tix w/the general onsale (obeying the general onsale limits, of course--4 for the first day) who has already bought their 2 presale tix.  The TM guidelines are pretty clear on this, I believe.  The presale and regular onsale limits are separate entities.

The fact that all of us are so nervous about everything sure is a testament to how great U2 is!  I got two tix with presale code and bought one ticket in the regular sale today.  I was concerned about my orders being negated but from what I am reading it also seems that the presale and regular sale are different.

• Subscriber

I put my code in, found out there was no GA tickets left, backed out back into the waiting room, entered code again got to the ticket thing and then had to lock my iPad because teacher was coming (I bought tickets in class because I'm rock n roll) that backed me out into waiting room because I ran out of time...i then had to type in code again and I eventually purchased tickets on my third time trying

Is this OK?

Adam if you actually did this and are in high school you have instantly become my hero

haha I was in business studies! 

I am a professor and put my students in small groups so I could get tickets while I was supposed to be teaching.  If you were in my class, I would excuse you to complete your ticket purchase.  As it was, I kicked two kids out of class last week when they asked me, 'what's a U2?'