Enough of the complaining

• Subscriber

The membership does not guarantee tickets.  It gives you the opportunity.  The moderators worked their ass off to assist after hours and really seem to try and accommodate.  They perform a thankless job and are probably rarely thanked and always take the heat from unhappy members who post a new thread stating their dissatisfaction with the tickets they received.  These things are in Live Nation's hands as well........not U2.  There was never any ticket guarantee of 4 tickets total....or per venue.  U2.com does not run your internet provider, your skills at copping tickets, etc.  U2.com is not going to place golden tickets on a satin pillow for you just because you are a member or did the recent membership (which would then be a silver pillow).  You can get that from the VIP packages it looks like though.  So if you want that treatment you actually have to pay for it.  U2 is not going to magically stop ticket touts.  Season ticket holders at venues get tickets too as well as touts subscribing here probably (imagine that).  But they are trying and actually did what many wanted in regards to the paperless tickets.

It would be nice to appreciate what we have.  I am happy to be going to Boston and seeing them.  The little lady had to do the purchasing and she is not remotely skilled at how to be quick about these things.  If she got us good tickets.....I don't know what to tell the rest of the complainers.  But I am HAPPY to be going and appreciate the code provided to us.  

Thank you U2.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

pretty well said.like u im happy to be going was lucky enough to get ga tickets thou any were would have done as long as i was in and over the moon at even a chance of getting ticketsbefore the public sale if u think the presale was bad well monday will be a melt down and i sincerly wish everyone who tries the best of luck i will be trying myself.

• Subscriber

Here, here...never doubted the process. Like all processes, it will experience blips - but some of the stuff I've read on here over the past couple of days is amazing.

• Subscriber

THIS whole system is a joke... if I want a chance at a pre-sale I  have to pay $50...... if I don't then there are never ANY tickets left for the general on-sale.... the whole ticketing system stinks and so do ALL these band fan clubs!!!

• Community Moderator

Well said, Swanny!

I had a miserable experience yesterday morning, but finally got tickets after 1 1/2 hours, but I'm not blaming U2.com or the Moderators.  The poor moderators have been put through the wringer the last couple of days about things that they have no control over. They all deserve a big THANK YOU and probably a few hard alcoholic drinks!

• Subscriber

The membership does not guarantee tickets. It gives you the opportunity. The moderators worked their ass off to assist after hours and really seem to try and accommodate. They perform a thankless job and are probably rarely thanked and always take the heat from unhappy members who post a new thread stating their dissatisfaction with the tickets they received. These things are in Live Nation's hands as well........not U2. There was never any ticket guarantee of 4 tickets total....or per venue. U2.com does not run your internet provider, your skills at copping tickets, etc. U2.com is not going to place golden tickets on a satin pillow for you just because you are a member or did the recent membership (which would then be a silver pillow). You can get that from the VIP packages it looks like though. So if you want that treatment you actually have to pay for it. U2 is not going to magically stop ticket touts. Season ticket holders at venues get tickets too as well as touts subscribing here probably (imagine that). But they are trying and actually did what many wanted in regards to the paperless tickets.

It would be nice to appreciate what we have. I am happy to be going to Boston and seeing them. The little lady had to do the purchasing and she is not remotely skilled at how to be quick about these things. If she got us good tickets.....I don't know what to tell the rest of the complainers. But I am HAPPY to be going and appreciate the code provided to us.

Thank you U2.

Exactly. This.

Sure it took me longer then I would have liked yesterday, but that's not the mods fault or U2's. I doubt the mod have gotten very little sleep or even eaten dealing with last minutes subscriptions, pre-sale etcetera. And after it's said and done I think- first world problems- I'm pretty lucky that my biggest stress yesterday was for a little over an hour trying to get tickets.

• Subscriber

My only complaint about this whole process is with Ticketmaster. I never go to concerts, and today's experience reminds me of exactly why. I think I had to get back in queue 5 times because Ticketmaster was acting up. Figures that after my husband realized I was about to lose it and took over...he had no issues.

• Subscriber

Amen. I had a frustrating experience for 2 hours thanks to Ticketmaster, not to the moderators here or U2, but in the end, thanks to the presale, I have Red Zone tickets to Boston! Woo Hoo!  I have been super impressed by the moderators' attention to individuals' problems and trying to resolve them.  Thank you!!!

THIS whole system is a joke... if I want a chance at a pre-sale I have to pay $50...... if I don't then there are never ANY tickets left for the general on-sale.... the whole ticketing system stinks and so do ALL these band fan clubs!!!

Maybe you're being sarcastic.

And if you are you paid for the access to be sarcastic on here.

Nobody forced you to pay for the privilege.

That karma can be a real bitch sometimes

• Subscriber

Let me guess -- all of you got tickets:)

For those of us that didn't and endured problems that have still not been resolved, we're SOL because let's face it, the public sale will be a sh*t-show

My biggest complaint is with TM but I think u2 dot com naively believed their empty words that the problems were fixed.   

Archived