No notice for Pre sale tickets

Carol-ann

• Subscriber

I am a paid subscription member and only got my first email to notify me of a pre sale last night. Scottish pres sale ended at 12 non today and started yesterday and now I'm fucked for my pre sale tickets? Anyone know what I can do? Can't believe the lack of notice on this. I have complained to u2.com and if I don't get help I want my subscription money back. What the fucks the point otherwise? ? Not impressed

• Community Manager

I am a paid subscription member and only got my first email to notify me of a pre sale last night. Scottish pres sale ended at 12 non today and started yesterday and now I'm fucked for my pre sale tickets? Anyone know what I can do? Can't believe the lack of notice on this. I have complained to u2.com and if I don't get help I want my subscription money back. What the fucks the point otherwise? ? Not impressed

well, first things effing & jeffing won't help here. Can understand your frustration, but surely you heard about the pre sale outside not getting an email? Lots of people never got emails, could be a number of reasons for that - outside our control here in the Zoo.

Good news is I checked just before presale ended for Glasgow both nights - there are lots of tickets (even some GA) left.

General sale starts Monday, be quick...

• Subscriber

I have yet to recieve anything from U2.com regarding a pre-sale or upcoming tour.  I have been a member since 2004 and have the same email address now that I registered with.  Luckily, knowing the tour announcement was pending, I followed several fan club and tour sites on social media and found out about the pre-sale the same day it was announced.  

Had I not doubled down and relied on U2.com I would be in the same situation as the OP and can certainly empathize with his/her frustration.  

U2.com should be the first and on the cutting edge of all things U2 and that simply was not the case with the lack of notifications for their paid members.  

• Subscriber

I'm amazed at the amount of people who get a subscription JUST for the tickets as if it's an entitlement. If you aren't physically given a ticket with your subscription it's best to not expect anything even with presale. A pill a lot of us had to swallow these past few days was not being able to get tickets even though we knew about the presale because of a plethora of issues and we will now have to face general sales with low hopes. You're not alone in this but stomping your feet and throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to do anything, and it definitely won't give you your money back.

• Subscriber

There is definitely a problem with emails, I've always been fine with email notifications about presales and impending subscription expirations, but some of my invoices were going to my old email account which is now disabled... I eventually figured out that my Fanfire account was somehow duplicated but still attached to the one U2.com account, very confusing. Unfortunately it's not something that the forums/mods have any control over, it's Live Nation that handle all that stuff. All I can say is keep checking the site in the run up to tour periods. :/

• Subscriber

I regular visit different U2 sites/ Facebook, so I quickly found out about the presale - and luckily for that.

But I must say, there was a very, very short notice regarding this presale. The tour was - as far as I know - announced Wednesday and the presale started Thursday. Not very long if you are just 24 hours away from the internet (some people may even have a life).  

Anyways, I certainly appreciate the opportunity to buy tickets earlier than others but I would also appreciate, if regular/old subscribers were notified just 2-3 days in advance. 

• Subscriber

I agree I shouldn't have automatically expected to get tickets in pre sale - my intial rant on Saturday was just pure disappointment at not getting tickets. However, would still have been nice to have notice. It was all rather rushed if you ask me. I don't go on websites much for information, I purely relied on u2.com for an email - they were supposed to be informing us of the details - and why not? Are they not the 'official' website? Anyhow, it's done now - will just have to take pot luck tomorrow. Good luck to anyone trying tomorrow xx

• Community Manager

I agree I shouldn't have automatically expected to get tickets in pre sale - my intial rant on Saturday was just pure disappointment at not getting tickets. However, would still have been nice to have notice. It was all rather rushed if you ask me. I don't go on websites much for information, I purely relied on u2.com for an email - they were supposed to be informing us of the details - and why not? Are they not the 'official' website? Anyhow, it's done now - will just have to take pot luck tomorrow. Good luck to anyone trying tomorrow xx

just checking -and same applies to everyone who is not getting emails from U2.com - check your email address is correct in your ACCOUNT INFO page - and even if it is, then try changing it to a different email address to see if you get the next U2.com email to that address. 

For instance if you are using a yahoo email, try changing it to a non-yahoo email, it could be the case (wrongly) that yahoo (or other email provider) is blocking them and not even sending to your spam.

• Subscriber

I used to have a yahoo email on here years ago and the emails weren't getting through from U2.com half the time. I switched to a gmail account and have not missed a message since then.

My recommendation to anyone using yahoo email is to get a gmail address because I know from personal experience that Yahoo email has ongoing issues with delivering email from here for some reason.

Archived