Sign in to follow this  
Rhi_K

FYI - London hotel prices going up fast - book asap

Ooh, i'm from Southport HasanFransisco! From next September I believe on Fri/Sat the tube will be running 24hrs a day on five lines, so I went for the October 30th show.Shouldn't have to rush to the train after the show.

Edited by ally33

Cool Ally!

Yeah they're making a lot of changes to the Tube, plans to make every line run 24 hours all week.

But with shows on at the O2 they most likely have extra trains running.

I've booked Red Zone for 29th this morning. Went very smoothly with Ticketmaster :-)

Never been to the O2, so I suppose I will find out :D

Congrats on your tickets guys! I managed to pick up 2 GA's for Monday  this morning, so I'll be doing both shows, I'm dead chuffed

Just realised that I wrote 'big hug' instead of 'big hub' on my previous post lol, but U2 tix do feel like a big hug right noww

Edited by Rhi_K

Folks, just so you know if you fancy something a bit different, there is also a boat service to and from the O2, details of which can be found in the link below.

http://www.thamesclippers.com/route-time-table

This stops at various points along the Thames so opens up other possible places to stay in London, and is a rather fun way of getting to and from a gig!

I am a Londoner and have been to the O2 many times, so if you have any other questions about it, I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers!  :D

Clink (backpackers) hostel in Kings Cross Road (with a good atmosphere, and a great guest kitchen), take the Express Riverboat from the O2 pier to London Bridge or Blackfriars pier in 35 minutes, then the Thames Link train direct to Kings Cross/St Pancras, 5 minute walk to the hostel, where beds are £15 a night 

I got two nights in the Marriott at Canary Wharf for £298.00 which I was quite pleased about. I have paid a lot more in the past, I like to be close to the venues these days....getting older  :rolleyes:

Tube out of the O2 is not too bad but it can take a while depending how quick you are out of the venue.

Folks, just so you know if you fancy something a bit different, there is also a boat service to and from the O2, details of which can be found in the link below.

This stops at various points along the Thames so opens up other possible places to stay in London, and is a rather fun way of getting to and from a gig!

I am a Londoner and have been to the O2 many times, so if you have any other questions about it, I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers! :D

I was looking at this earlier actually, I'm closer by tube but this is definitely a more interesting way to get around, especially seen as I haven't been to London for so many years.

So I may call on you at a later date about this, I know I'd have to get on at Canary wharf, I'm sincerely hoping my sister remembers her way around a bit lol

Cheers! :D

I was looking at this earlier actually, I'm closer by tube but this is definitely a more interesting way to get around, especially seen as I haven't been to London for so many years.

So I may call on you at a later date about this, I know I'd have to get on at Canary wharf, I'm sincerely hoping my sister remembers her way around a bit lol

No problem Rhi. Happy to help if I can. Despite the numbers of people here, I do think it's actually easier to get around now than it was years ago.

Mostly! :)

Sign in to follow this