Sign in to follow this  
Rhi_K

FYI - London hotel prices going up fast - book asap

Think it's fine to get to O2 by Thames clipper but last time I looked weekdays from O2 last service was about 2220

If anyone still needs a hotel for 29th and 30th October, Travelodges have today become available for bookings with a check in date of 29th (I checked earlier in the week and found you can only book 325 days in advance). Prices are fairly decent at the moment, starting at £42 - £63 (non refundable rate) a night for the ones I checked. I've booked into one and will be cancelling my budget Ibis, as I didn't like the look of the walk from the DLR station to the Ibis for a lone woman.

Think it's fine to get to O2 by Thames clipper but last time I looked weekdays from O2 last service was about 2220

I believe they run a special service later after some events/concerts at the O2, and have a few boats running. However the boats aren't always the fast ones they use on their normal timetable, so you could end up on a very slow boat taking an age to get to central London (I speak as someone who once missed the last train home due to being on a slow boat which then stopped for a while at London Bridge pier because someone was ill - we were already probably going to miss the train, but the extra delay guaranteed it).  

If anyone still needs a hotel for 29th and 30th October, Travelodges have today become available for bookings with a check in date of 29th (I checked earlier in the week and found you can only book 325 days in advance). Prices are fairly decent at the moment, starting at £42 - £63 (non refundable rate) a night for the ones I checked. I've booked into one and will be cancelling my budget Ibis, as I didn't like the look of the walk from the DLR station to the Ibis for a lone woman.

Yep- I just booked Travelodge at Waterloo for £54 so happy with that

I booked a room at the Paddington hotel: it'll be my first time in London :) Does anyone know it?

I booked a room at the Paddington hotel: it'll be my first time in London :) Does anyone know it?

Do they serve marmalade sandwiches for lunch ;)

Edited by Rhi_K

Hi j84

Do you mean the London Central Marylebone Travelodge?

Can't say I know it to stay in, but that's certainly a good central place to stay, and it will be easy to get to and from the O2 on the Jubilee line from Baker Street tube station. The Jubilee is one of the newest and nicest tube lines so well chosen! :) 

no it's this one http://www.thepaddingtonhotellondon.co.uk/ near Lancaster Gate

OK. That's a nice area, pretty quiet and quite near Hyde Park which is nice if you like big parks! My wife works very close to there.

Lancaster Gate is on the Central Line so one change onto the Jubilee at Bond Street for the O2. 

All good! :)

thank you!! it  was the best choice considering everything (specially the cost :D )

Sign in to follow this