I notice that GA tickets are paperless at many venues, with your credit card being swiped to gain entry instead.

Anyone else uncomfortable with this policy?

What if your card for some reason doesn't scan properly?

But it is a real shame that there will no souvenir of the show, I have every U2 concert ticket going back to 1987 and will have no lasting momento of the shows this time around.

I agree, I don't like paperless either, being a collector of everything U2. Luckily there will certainly be other souvenirs for sale at the venue, like a tour programme, poster, etc...

Wristbands will likely be issued with date and show on more than likely.

At least there is a process for resolving issues. Although it is a long process.

Not sure what was wrong with the e tickets?

It must take a long time to gain entry to venues when everbodyy hast scan their bleedin credit card.

I've used this process a few times before & it's always worked fine.

Your card is swiped as you enter the arena & the machine prints out a ticket for you, I assume that they'll be using wrist bands as well.

"......... I don't like paperless either, being a collector of everything......."

I was at Cat Stevens last night which was also paperless and strict. Although not quite the same, It looks look more like a ticket than it has in the past and can be used as a collectible

I think the U2 approach to this is perfect.  GA tickets for more passionate fans willing to stand in line, and those tickets are paperless (and cheap.)  For those that want to sit down, or the convenience of being able to change plans, there are the reserved seats which are traditional.   Perfect plan, and I wish more bands did it.  

At least there is a process for resolving issues. Although it is a long process.

Not sure what was wrong with the e tickets?

It must take a long time to gain entry to venues when everbodyy hast scan their bleedin credit card.

Doesn't take long at all.  I've been to shows where an entire stadium is paperless.  Swipe, go.  

Sign in to follow this