New Shows? / Added / When / How Discussion (MERGED)

• Subscriber

I'd be down for a couple more Toronto shows, but only if I could get GAs.

Booking a couple in Hamilton (rather than, not in addition to, Toronto) would be good too as it would service the Buffalo area.

I'm sure they budgeted the tour based on adding shows inbetween the original announced dates. I can't imagine it makes financial sense to have all of those people (ie crew) sitting around doing nothing for the week+ inbetween some of those cities.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Anyone know where that ID numbers of the list of dates is in here? I saw that post and now cant find it. I know there could be 2 more in London, someone mentioned there's 2 more in Paris and elsewhere in europe  

• Subscriber

All 4 london shows are very limited now.

Only £165 left on all 4 shows. Most are just singles and in the corners. All 4 are easily 95% sold out.

Livenation have declared them sold out on their website so there isnt many left at all

• Subscriber

I hope this is true because it makes a lot more GAs available IF they give us another code which I am hoping they do.  I hope so because it sounds like a lot of fans were not able to get GAs this time round and the presale was a disaster with Ticketmaster.u

Not having a go at you, but I think it would be entirely unfair to give people another presale code to use if they used their original one already. A lot of people were left disappointed after the original presale of not even being able to use their code thanks to ticketmaster.

I agree, quite a few people have been saying that people who have already used their presale code should get an extra code to go to more shows, and I cannot see at all how this would be fair. An additional code would be useless to people who still have their presale code because I'm pretty sure that Ticketmaster's 2 ticket cap goes by credit card details and Ticketmaster account names, as well as the codes themselves, so a person with 2 codes would only be able to use 1 of them. If anyone has not used their presale yet, they won't need a second code for upcoming presales, as our codes will be valid for all the presales happening in 2014 for 2015 shows. I did not use my code in the presale as U2.com informed fans that they were to abstain from using their code if they wanted access to the Dublin presale. If we end up being limited to 2 presale tickets while everyone who used up their code already gets twice as many, I'll be pretty ticked off to say the least. :lol:

• Subscriber

Ignoring other possible problems/issues w/giving extra codes, Faye_Kelly's concern about the TM "2 ticket cap" would likely not be an issue--it would simply be increased to 4 on TM (and those who've already gotten 2 presale tix would have 2 left).  So I don't think this is a TM issue/problem.

• Subscriber

Anyone remember how the first US leg of the Vertigo tour shaped up as far as any additional shows that were announced with presales? 

I thought all of the extra shows in that first leg were added the same day of the public sale, and that it was only the second leg that had the next round of presale opportunities.

• Subscriber

Ignoring other possible problems/issues w/giving extra codes, Faye_Kelly's concern about the TM "2 ticket cap" would likely not be an issue--it would simply be increased to 4 on TM (and those who've already gotten 2 presale tix would have 2 left).  So I don't think this is a TM issue/problem.

I know they could increase it to 4, and I would be extremely happy if they did... it would mean I could get presale tickets to both nights in Dublin for my boyfriend and I, rather than just the first night. I guess I'd be worried about whether Ticketmaster would actually think to implement this or not, since most fans have already used up their code. But I suppose if they do release another code, Irish fans will be quick to start making posts making sure that word gets back to Ticketmaster to get the cap changed... I certainly would be! :lol:

But I do think it's extremely unlikely that they'll give us another code for the 2015 gigs. From the band's perspective, there's not much justification for it. Plus there are a lot of non-subscribing members and other fans not on this site who will be trying to get into the onsale... giving all the fanclub ones a second code is going to make it even harder for those on the outside to have any tickets left over. And, after all, they have been pretty clear that they want to attract new fans... so filling the arena with all the same fanclub members night after night is probably what they're hoping won't happen.

But yeah, if we can get another 2 ticket code with a 4 ticket purchase cap, I'll be pretty happy to get into both iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE nights in Dublin. :)

• Subscriber

Is there definitely a stadium leg planned for 2016 or is that just heresay?

Yes, it's definite.  Edge (and maybe some other U2 folks) said so.  Of course, I guess they could change their mind (until it's actually set up).

I had read something a while back where promoters were planning Croke Park for 2016.  I hope so because I'd be down for visiting Ireland in the summer again.  I'm not gonna make any indoor shows in November next year. 

Let's definitely not request extra dates for Croke Park...