Chicago will be my third U2 concert and my first GA.  I'm 5'4" and the friend I am going with is shorter than me.  After reading some posts, I'm wondering if we will see anything!??  Also, we will not be in a position to stand in line from 5 a.m. on, and instead, probably won't be able to join the GA line till about 5 p.m.  So, what would you guess our experience would be like, and do you have any tips?  Hopefully tomorrow morning, I will snag a seat for the second show.

I'm in a similar position (except shorter :P), so I'm also eager to hear any tips.

However, unlike the OP I'll probably have a bit more flexibility with my day and might be able to queue up in the morning if need be.

When do most people start lining up before a show?

I have taken both my daughters to GA in Chicago and Denver (they are 5ft 1 and 5ft even) If your getting there at 5 there will be no chance of getting anything even close to the rails.  What worked well for us is I would stand behind my daughter and shield her as I could easily see over her.  I would really try to get there earlier if possible, however if that's not possible you might want to hang out by the soundboards. 

For the last Chicago shows I was in line at about 6am for the 2nd show and had a spot on the side of the rail by one of the claws....I also arrived at about 2pm for the last Chicago show where they did One Tree Hill  and was about two rows deep...that sucked because the fencing they used for the rail created a lip.  This of course was a stadium show...

The last show I went to at the United Center I was number 13 in line I arrived at 2am (17 hours before the show) and I wound up right in front of Adam's monitor 1st row right on the rail. It was worth every minute I put into it. 

Im still trying to figure out where I want to aim for in Chicago...For 360 everyone was running to the center and The stage was about 9 ft high.  The best spot was outside of the ellipse center rail.  The boards are a great source of information when the shows start...

I'm in your situation, under 5'4" and I always do GA. Honestly, sight really isn't a problem as the stage is taller than you are (it comes up to about head height) so no matter what you're going to be spending the concert looking up at the stage. You might not be able to see legs/feet but U2 fans are generally nice and if you get stuck behind an insanely tall person they usually let you switch or move around.

Sign in to follow this