• Subscriber

i know right. so how can there be all of these GA seats for sale by 3rd party sellers?? how can they possibly get you in the show? im very confused by this.

Unless you are referring to NYC, where paperless is illegal. Also, if you are looking at resellers on Ticketmaster, they can do it there, since Ticketmaster just cancels your tickets when they sell and reissues them to the new seller.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

i know right. so how can there be all of these GA seats for sale by 3rd party sellers?? how can they possibly get you in the show? im very confused by this.

Unless you are referring to NYC, where paperless is illegal. Also, if you are looking at resellers on Ticketmaster, they can do it there, since Ticketmaster just cancels your tickets when they sell and reissues them to the new seller.

Jeff--I'm confused by your post.  Are you suggesting that people can transfer/resell their (non-NYC) GA tickets (GA tix seem to be jethronh's concern) ?  If so, you're wrong by all reports--TM specifically will NOT allow any reselling or transfers of credit card entry (i.e., non-NYC GA) tix.  If people could transfer or resell their CCE GA tix, no one would have any problem to begin with.

As far as 3rd-party GA (again, non-NYC) resellers go, they apparently often have bought the GA with "single-use"-type credit cards, which they send to the buyer--something like that.

Edited by mike7man
  • Subscriber

Since buying my presage ticket months ago, work travel arose. I'm overseas, and can't make the SJ show - huge disappointment already! But even worse, my superfan girlfriend who can't attend either, because she doesn't have my ID and credit card. Ticketmaster says U2 has disallowed all ticket transfers, and I can't get a reimbursement ether. So no show, and now I will also need to refund my gf's ticket out of my own pocket. The policy, while well intentioned, seems unreasonably inflexible. :(

• Subscriber

Agree, I'm sure they will seriously regret it if they turn up at a show with a mass of empty seats, if that happens lets hope it isn't ruined for everyone else in the form of a deflated crowd and performance

• Subscriber

Same situation happened to me. Tickets go on sale just before Christmas, I'm a poor student and struggling for money so I use my mother's credit card to pay her back in the future. She's that paranoid about it that she now has to come with me. I went to Muse at Barrowlands a couple of months back and the staff couldn't care less about what name was on the card, they just left you in as soon as your card with swiped. 

My mother doesn't particularly want to go, she has a flight to New York the next morning as well. She would definitely go if it was two seating tickets, except she has to stand for nearly three hours. I obviously and understandably feel very bad.

I was thinking, though, just looking at everybody's posts here. Couldn't I use the 'Sell ticket' option on Ticketmaster, go back on and buy them myself? Or would that just not work? I'm willing to risk it, I could easily find seating spares on fan forums.

• Subscriber

Right? And it's not like I'm trying to make money on the deal - she paypalled me face value for her ticket months ago, and I'm trying to transfer hers to her and mine too for free. Sheesh, even Burning Man allows you to gift tickets.

• Subscriber

Your card company won't agree but what if you let her scan in your card? Could she pass as you? That's if she's a trusted friend... I really want a ticket for Monday night and am having trouble finding a GA one just because of this :( 

I loathe ticketless booking, it's my new pet hate, I have all my U2 tickets in a big framed picture and want to continue to add to them but when I go on this tour I'll get nothing, no memento!, I contacted ticketmaster initially and discussed it with them, tried to change to a ticket option but no chance, it really is a tight operation and I guess you can understand why when people are scalping fans mercilessly, I just hope that when we do turn up to the show we get something other than a wee ink stamp on the hand!!

It's balls!!!