• Subscriber

Hello,

I`m a long time fan based in Madrid, expecting to go to Torino, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona.

Got tickets to London too but, big news, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting triplets! and the date they have given us for the delivery is the first week of November.

This means that unfortunately we will not be able to attend both U2 concerts in London

So, my question is what can we do? I never had the option to select other system but ticketless for London.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I loathe ticketless booking, it's my new pet hate, I have all my U2 tickets in a big framed picture and want to continue to add to them but when I go on this tour I'll get nothing, no memento!, I contacted ticketmaster initially and discussed it with them, tried to change to a ticket option but no chance, it really is a tight operation and I guess you can understand why when people are scalping fans mercilessly, I just hope that when we do turn up to the show we get something other than a wee ink stamp on the hand!!

It's balls!!!

They hand out some printed 'tickets' at CC scan. Not the standard Ticketmaster format but I suppose still frame-able......

• Subscriber

Hello,

I`m a long time fan based in Madrid, expecting to go to Torino, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona.

Got tickets to London too but, big news, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting triplets! and the date they have given us for the delivery is the first week of November.

This means that unfortunately we will not be able to attend both U2 concerts in London

So, my question is what can we do? I never had the option to select other system but ticketless for London.

Thanks.

Ticketmaster here in the US has transfer and/or re-sell options. Not sure if that applies to Europe as well but I transferred some tickets to friends before. Very simple process.

• Subscriber

If you've got GA, you have a problem.  If you've got seats, no problem.  Sounds like you have GA--try contacting TM in the UK and see if they can help you.  Bigwave (moderator here) might be able to help as well (PM him).

• Subscriber

BIGWAVE put a message up earlier that he has discussed this at length with U2.com and he used mine and others on here as.examples of what we are going through with ticketmaster and he messaged me to.say that this is going to the highest level and hopefully it can be sorted, the tour now had started so let's see what happens.

I sent all my correspondence from ticketmaster about this carry on that the cardholder has to be present on the night for those who.like me who got a ticket for member of their family in my case my Son for his 21st birthday as I cannot go as the gigs are too far for me I'm UK as I have a disability hopefully it won't be a problem.

I want to say a big thank you to Bigwave for taking the time to help us all on here and I hope we all have no problems at the time of our gigs.

CHEERS BIGWAVE XXXXX

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I have a GA ticket for Chicago show on the 25th that I now can't use because of travel plan changes.  I've messaged ticketmaster 3 times.  I've basically asked if I can return the ticket or exchange it for a later show since I can't sell it myself.  Here's their response below. I also tried what they suggested which is posting the ticket on ticketsnow.com but the site won't let Canadians sell tickets on their site.  I just feel so bad that this ticket will go to waste when so many people want it.  I don't even want to make a profit out of this ticket.  is there anyone on this site that can help?

Good evening Japheth,

Thanks for contacting us, my name is Lori, and I’ll be helping with all your questions today!

I’m really sorry to hear you can’t make U2 at the United Center.

When I received your email, I immediately checked to see if we could honor your request; however, your order is not eligible for a refund, or an exchange.

We regret any inconvenience this might cause and hope you can find a way to attend – or perhaps find a friend or someone else that might be able to use your tickets in your place. Another option, should you chose, would be post these tickets for sale on our sister site, TicketsNow.com.

It’s been my pleasure to assist you, please let us know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,
Lori

Ticketmaster Fan Support

• Subscriber

Hi. Just posting I am also experiencing this issue. I bought tickets to GA in Chicago next week, and have business trip I can not get out of to Costa Rica. Ticket Master will not transfer the tickets, give me a refund or anything else. 

IMHO, at the very least - U2 could try to transfer the ticket to another U2 fan (like me) that can see the show. It would make me happier to know that at least someone else had a good night at the show. It is hard to believe in this day and age that we can not transfer the tickets to another person (even via a manual process).

I will take anybody with a heart beat at this point that has Unforgettable Fire :).

What a bummer.

VERY DISAPPOINTED :(. SAD. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I just read this whole thread.  My wife is going full term in 2 weeks, the Toronto show I have tickets for is in 1 week, but the concert is 5 hours away.  I don't feel comfortable going, and I have been stone walled by Ticketmaster and the Air Canada Centre (venue) in trying to refund or transfer my tickets.  I have made every tour in some cases multiple shows since Pop Mart, fan club since then too, and this is how I get treated.  My options are go to the show risking missing the birth of my child, or waste my tickets.  There should be a better option.

• Subscriber

Hello,

Thanks.

I have not received any answer from the Moderator. Im contacting every company in the middle and no solution what so ever.

My hope is on U2.com

RCR

• Subscriber

I loathe ticketless booking, it's my new pet hate, I have all my U2 tickets in a big framed picture and want to continue to add to them but when I go on this tour I'll get nothing, no memento!, I contacted ticketmaster initially and discussed it with them, tried to change to a ticket option but no chance, it really is a tight operation and I guess you can understand why when people are scalping fans mercilessly, I just hope that when we do turn up to the show we get something other than a wee ink stamp on the hand!!

It's balls!!!

They hand out some printed 'tickets' at CC scan. Not the standard Ticketmaster format but I suppose still frame-able......

Not in Montreal. After the CC swipe they put the wristband on, that's it.