I believe that u2 are enforcing that the ticket purchaser must be present at the concert. My wife and I were going to attend this concert when we bought the tickets in 2014 through TICKETSOUP but my wife is now pregnant and her due date is the same day as the concert!! There is no way that we will be travelling to this concert now from Belfast. Normally i would of sold the tickets on at face value to allow other fans to attend but with the restrictions I would like to know about any way i can sell the tickets on or alternatively seek a refund ?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The need to deal with Scalpers is obvious but it seems absurd that this is how they go about it. There will still be tickets sold above face value and probably lots of disappointed people crying into the River Clyde when they get knocked back. U2 have provided the soundtrack to my life since I was 11 or 12 years old. I'm 47 now and like others on the forum I'm more than disappointed at the ticketing set up. I was restricted to buying 2 tickets. My family are U2 fans and so are my friends. My wife and I were originally going to go but circumstances are making it difficult for me to make my home show in Glasgow. Maybe I'll get tickets for one of the Irish shows but my wife can't make those. It's a crap situation that she can't get in without me being there with 9 million forms of ID and notes from the last six generations of my family verifying my identity. It's a rock concert for f@@k sake. It would be easier to get into a nuclear bunker. As many on this forum have been knocking around since the 1960s which meant hitting our teen years with U2 being the driving force in our adult lives it seems strange that disillusioned is the theme that's cropping up. We have all invested in U2 over the years and not just financially. The emotional investment in U2 is immense for lots of us. I understand there has to be someone looking at the bottom line when planning a tour or even a tour date but it's so much more than that. The nights I've spent throughout the years watching U2 live will be with me when all the other memories have faded and the last gasps of breath leave my body. A U2 is surely ALL about the experience. It's more than a night out for me. It's more than just another concert for me. I really can't believe I'm now viewing this as a chore. The rock gods must have taken a day off as we now submit to identity checks and conformance to a scale we would never have considered a possibility back in the eighties. I HATED the fact that ticket touts stood outside the SECC and demanded ten times face value from REAL fans who left in tears because it was a months salary for them. I HATE the fact that trying to stop this from happening is going to result in REAL fans not getting to see U2 once again. There has to be a middle ground solution that can sort this. I've followed this forum for years and have never felt the need to write something like this. If any of the folk associated with the band do see this please use your influence to resolve this ludicrous situation.

Edited by Kitewire1
  • Subscriber

Excuse my ignorance, but is photo id actually neded or is it the credit card used to buy the tickets sufficient? i dont actually think i have any photo id!

Paperless Ticket

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Virtual credit card users: please do not use virtual credit card account numbers for Paperless Ticket purchases as you must present the physical credit card at the time of entry.

Thats from Ticketmaster site... 

• Subscriber

Excuse my ignorance, but is photo id actually neded or is it the credit card used to buy the tickets sufficient? i dont actually think i have any photo id!

Paperless Ticket

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Virtual credit card users: please do not use virtual credit card account numbers for Paperless Ticket purchases as you must present the physical credit card at the time of entry.

thanks for the response - I get the idea as it should help cut down on ticket touts though i do like having my tickets as a souvenir of the event

• Subscriber

Paperless Ticket

thanks for the response - I get the idea as it should help cut down on ticket touts though i do like having my tickets as a souvenir of the event

Same as!! will have to take snaps instead!!

• Subscriber

You do get a printed stub after you do your scan, with your seating location, etc., printed on it. You still need something to show them so you can prove those are your seats.

I never ever saw them look at a photo ID for any of the paperless shows I've attended.

Edited by jeffwalsh
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

so having realised myself and daughter are on the ticketless entry to o2 london november event we  booked through 02 site directed to AXS and my wife and i have a joint credit card same number the lot except hers obviously reads mrs mine mr then surname exact AXS insists she booked she attends,, 3 hrs on the phone today and nothing but the same, she  even said what if she had passed away ( bit harsh i know ) but reply was " that would be unfortunate  but we must again tell you to read the t&c and if she couldn't attend you can't go in to the concert  without her , this is ridiculous beyond comprehension so we said we would all drive the 200 miles she would show all id ect and then can the wrist bands placed on by stewards go to myself and daughter NO they said  any one at all got anything to help this situation ?? she then rang ticketmaster who said had they of sold us the tickets they may be able to refund mrs credit card and put  it on mr card so that i could take my passport but we are AXS so no hope there they just won't budge 

• Subscriber

so having realised myself and daughter are on the ticketless entry to o2 london november event we booked through 02 site directed to AXS and my wife and i have a joint credit card same number the lot except hers obviously reads mrs mine mr then surname exact AXS insists she booked she attends,, 3 hrs on the phone today and nothing but the same, she even said what if she had passed away ( bit harsh i know ) but reply was " that would be unfortunate but we must again tell you to read the t&c and if she couldn't attend you can't go in to the concert without her , this is ridiculous beyond comprehension so we said we would all drive the 200 miles she would show all id ect and then can the wrist bands placed on by stewards go to myself and daughter NO they said any one at all got anything to help this situation ?? she then rang ticketmaster who said had they of sold us the tickets they may be able to refund mrs credit card and put it on mr card so that i could take my passport but we are AXS so no hope there they just won't budge

• Subscriber

Dw10,

I totally understand your frustrations, and I know you will see this as a huge risk / gamble if you're having to travel so far......but.......

Having done GA on multiple occasions already this tour, it is just inconceivable that door and ticket staff ask to see each persons individual photo ID. This would take just a crazy amount of time trying to get people into the arena.

Not once have I been asked for ID, it has always been a simple process of the credit card being scanned, and then you are allowed entry.

Unless this has changed over the more recent European gigs, and people have experience of being asked for photo ID, I would not be letting anything stand in the way of getting to the gig you've been waiting for for so long.

It will be nerve racking as you edge closer to the credit card scanner, but my experience is that no one will be asking you for photo ID. Good luck, and enjoy. It's an amazing show !