• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

so having realised myself and daughter are on the ticketless entry to o2 london november event we  booked through 02 site directed to AXS and my wife and i have a joint credit card same number the lot except hers obviously reads mrs mine mr then surname exact AXS insists she booked she attends,, 3 hrs on the phone today and nothing but the same, she  even said what if she had passed away ( bit harsh i know ) but reply was " that would be unfortunate  but we must again tell you to read the t&c and if she couldn't attend you can't go in to the concert  without her , this is ridiculous beyond comprehension so we said we would all drive the 200 miles she would show all id ect and then can the wrist bands placed on by stewards go to myself and daughter NO they said  any one at all got anything to help this situation ?? she then rang ticketmaster who said had they of sold us the tickets they may be able to refund mrs credit card and put  it on mr card so that i could take my passport but we are AXS so no hope there they just won't budge 

O2 posted this yesterday:https://help.theo2.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/205370362

• Subscriber

The interesting part being about family members buying GA tickets:What happens if my family member / friend bought the tickets for me but aren't attending?

The person who purchased the tickets will need to collect them on the day and then give them to you.

So your wife would have to travel down but could then hand you the tickets.

• Subscriber

That's the issue though.....there is no physical ticket to be handed over or collected.

The credit card gets scanned by numerous members of hired event staff, all of whom are waiting at the entrance, with thousands of U2 fans waiting to get inside.

As long as the credit card is good for the original purchase, my experience is that you will be let straight in, given a wristband for South or North side, and away you go......

I obviously cannot give you a 100% guarantee that they will not ask for photo ID - but I haven't yet read anything anywhere, where people have been systematically asked for ID.

I would just hate for you to miss out on this, when chances are there is no way they will ask for ID......I appreciate its easy for me to say, and a lot harder for you to travel and take the chance....

• Subscriber

That's the issue though.....there is no physical ticket to be handed over or collected.

The credit card gets scanned by numerous members of hired event staff, all of whom are waiting at the entrance, with thousands of U2 fans waiting to get inside.

As long as the credit card is good for the original purchase, my experience is that you will be let straight in, given a wristband for South or North side, and away you go......

I obviously cannot give you a 100% guarantee that they will not ask for photo ID - but I haven't yet read anything anywhere, where people have been systematically asked for ID.

I would just hate for you to miss out on this, when chances are there is no way they will ask for ID......I appreciate its easy for me to say, and a lot harder for you to travel and take the chance....

I'd say go for it too.You decide not to go, definitely £130 down the drain.There isn't a guarantee they won't ask for ID but I doubt it too.Maybe at least don't get there too early so they may check the first few before people start getting a bit pushy & desperate to get to the rail.

• Subscriber

I could sell them for 110£ two GA for 30th and I can send my blocked credit card with which I bought tickets and the recept from AXS but I know it's only a risk of the buyer... I definitly can't go to the concert,  I'm from italy....

otherwise for sure 130£ down the drain!

• Subscriber

This is getting a bit silly now, i am in the same position and have followed U2 since 1981, i live in County Durham and have not missed a tour, at the time the tour was announced and tickets became available my Father generously paid for them with his credit card as a gift, he purchased 2 tickets one for me and another for my friend also a fan, out of curiosity i looked into how we actually get in (paperless) and am told that my father needs to swipe me in, that means a 300mile trip to do this and then home again with a huge travel and accomodation expense, we have contacted the useless/unhelpfull and downright couldnt give a damn if it gets sorted or not person! and it looks like we are screwed, maybe a skipe link could be set-up at the access point to dial to these card holders so they can be seen and show a valid passport? im sure i am not going to be the only dissapointed fan, out of interest how many fans have been turned away from previous U2 shows with this issue?, Gazza

• Subscriber

Ive Brought two tickets for sunday ga two separate transactions me and my mate will i get in ok??

If you have bought both tix & go in together then yes.Just remember to bring card(s) to swipe.I doubt they will check for ID.