Sign in to follow this  
paulheyworth50

Paperless tickets - Problem (MERGED)

This is getting a bit silly now, i am in the same position and have followed U2 since 1981, i live in County Durham and have not missed a tour, at the time the tour was announced and tickets became available my Father generously paid for them with his credit card as a gift, he purchased 2 tickets one for me and another for my friend also a fan, out of curiosity i looked into how we actually get in (paperless) and am told that my father needs to swipe me in, that means a 300mile trip to do this and then home again with a huge travel and accomodation expense, we have contacted the useless/unhelpfull and downright couldnt give a damn if it gets sorted or not person! and it looks like we are screwed, maybe a skipe link could be set-up at the access point to dial to these card holders so they can be seen and show a valid passport? im sure i am not going to be the only dissapointed fan, out of interest how many fans have been turned away from previous U2 shows with this issue?, Gazza

I doubt they will check for ID.Have your fathers card with you to swipe.

Any updates from The O2? Did they check ID? I have a GA for Thursday, booked under my name but used my mother's credit card. Will be taking that as well as my mother's and my own passport.

Any updates from The O2? Did they check ID? I have a GA for Thursday, booked under my name but used my mother's credit card. Will be taking that as well as my mother's and my own passport.

Apparently they did for a while at least until the scanners ran into problems.

It was a bit of a mess at the O2 last night as they had never used that kind of technology before-the queue for GA was massive and it took us over an hour to get in!! However when you eventually get to the front, all they do is scan your card to validate the booking. No one asked for any id or even the confirmation email. But I would still take this, just in case there's an issue with the card.

But in the end it's worth the wait and wherever you stand in GA is a good spot due to the nature of the stage set. Enjoy the show!

A friend of mine who was there round 5.30 pm was directed to a group of people where one of them after swiping his card more than once without success asked for the confirmation mail and then gave him a plastic wristband not saying Northside or Southside

No ID check

This thread is remarkable, I feel for all of you. It would be SO easy for the ticketholder to specify the person who is coming during purchase (like Glasto do when they have 1 person buying several tickets for their mates). Ugh. And here was I complaining about having to take my passport to the show tonight...

does anyone know what time the boys have been coming on stage ? my daughter doesn't finish collage till 5.30, got to get changed and get tickets/wrist band  and bit of food (may be lol ),only 15 mins from 02 though ?thx

does anyone know what time the boys have been coming on stage ? my daughter doesn't finish collage till 5.30, got to get changed and get tickets/wrist band  and bit of food (may be lol ),only 15 mins from 02 though ?thx

About 8.30.

BIGWAVE put a message up earlier that he has discussed this at length with U2.com and he used mine and others on here as.examples of what we are going through with ticketmaster and he messaged me to.say that this is going to the highest level and hopefully it can be sorted, the tour now had started so let's see what happens.

I sent all my correspondence from ticketmaster about this carry on that the cardholder has to be present on the night for those who.like me who got a ticket for member of their family in my case my Son for his 21st birthday as I cannot go as the gigs are too far for me I'm UK as I have a disability hopefully it won't be a problem.

I want to say a big thank you to Bigwave for taking the time to help us all on here and I hope we all have no problems at the time of our gigs.

CHEERS BIGWAVE XXXXX

Well the gig my Son is going to at Glasgow SSE Hydro and I've not heard no more from Bigwave about what to do.

My husband is taking him there and he will have ticket confirmation,his credit card we bought ticket with for our Sons 21St Birthday and he will have his passport and my Son will have his driving licence, if he gets denied entry I won't be at all happy and I know I'm not only one this is happening to.

My husband got an email today from Glasgow SSE hydro telling us details

Still saying...

He needs ticket confirmation

Credit card that payed for ticket

And his ID card

He will have all these but it's still saying the name on credit card should match his ID card which it won't as we paid for it using my Husband card.

I'm.going be pretty stressed until he gets into a U2 gig he has waited a long time for and it's his 1St one!!!

This is getting a bit silly now, i am in the same position and have followed U2 since 1981, i live in County Durham and have not missed a tour, at the time the tour was announced and tickets became available my Father generously paid for them with his credit card as a gift, he purchased 2 tickets one for me and another for my friend also a fan, out of curiosity i looked into how we actually get in (paperless) and am told that my father needs to swipe me in, that means a 300mile trip to do this and then home again with a huge travel and accomodation expense, we have contacted the useless/unhelpfull and downright couldnt give a damn if it gets sorted or not person! and it looks like we are screwed, maybe a skipe link could be set-up at the access point to dial to these card holders so they can be seen and show a valid passport? im sure i am not going to be the only dissapointed fan, out of interest how many fans have been turned away from previous U2 shows with this issue?, Gazza

We in same boat mate, we live in Co Durham and my Son is going to Glasgow,I got him the ticket for him on here as I'm a member and my husband paid for it it was for his 21St birthday cos I cannot go because of a disability and it's his 1St gig and he has always wanted to see U2.

Ive been in discussions with Bigwave and bless him he as been trying to help but got an email today from Glasgow SSE hydro saying same thing the Photo ID and name on Credit card have to match but they won't because my hubby paid on his card God it's been a nightmare.

My husband is taking him and we just hoping they will let him in because my husband will be there with all the necessary stuff,then I've heard that they are more concerned with scanning the credit card and getting them in. So we just hope all be ok and That's all you can do is go and hope for the best with your dads credit card of course good luck!!!

Sign in to follow this