• Community Manager

This is getting a bit silly now, i am in the same position and have followed U2 since 1981, i live in County Durham and have not missed a tour, at the time the tour was announced and tickets became available my Father generously paid for them with his credit card as a gift, he purchased 2 tickets one for me and another for my friend also a fan, out of curiosity i looked into how we actually get in (paperless) and am told that my father needs to swipe me in, that means a 300mile trip to do this and then home again with a huge travel and accomodation expense, we have contacted the useless/unhelpfull and downright couldnt give a damn if it gets sorted or not person! and it looks like we are screwed, maybe a skipe link could be set-up at the access point to dial to these card holders so they can be seen and show a valid passport? im sure i am not going to be the only dissapointed fan, out of interest how many fans have been turned away from previous U2 shows with this issue?, Gazza

We in same boat mate, we live in Co Durham and my Son is going to Glasgow,I got him the ticket for him on here as I'm a member and my husband paid for it it was for his 21St birthday cos I cannot go because of a disability and it's his 1St gig and he has always wanted to see U2.

Ive been in discussions with Bigwave and bless him he as been trying to help but got an email today from Glasgow SSE hydro saying same thing the Photo ID and name on Credit card have to match but they won't because my hubby paid on his card God it's been a nightmare.

My husband is taking him and we just hoping they will let him in because my husband will be there with all the necessary stuff,then I've heard that they are more concerned with scanning the credit card and getting them in. So we just hope all be ok and That's all you can do is go and hope for the best with your dads credit card of course good luck!!!

Am sure all will be fine, most places all has been needed is the original credit card, (some id checks, but very few from what I have heard) and if your fella is with him, then there will be no issue.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi,

Slight variant on the topic here but I'd appreciate any help/opinion!

I ordered 2 standing tickets for Glasgow in the pre-sale, then 4 days later was able to get 2 more standing tickets on general sale.  I purchased all 4 tickets on the same debit card and we will all be attending together.  I'm just getting last minute nerves/paranoia that about the ticket restrictions - the Ticketmaster email relating to the pre-sale purchase says:  "There is a strict limit of 2 tickets per person, per credit card and per billing address. There will be no exceptions made to this rule." and then the Ticketmaster email relating to the general sale tickets says: "There is a strict limit of tickets per person, per credit card and per billing address. There will be no exceptions made to this rule." So, in other words if I'd managed to get them all on general sale I wouldn't have to worry at all! Anybody know if I'm ok having 2 pre-sale tix + 2 GA tix purchased on the same card?  Have people done the same thing and got in ok?   I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong but I guess it's how you interpret the T&C in terms of not being able to buy them as a gift etc etc...

• Subscriber

My wife bought me and my friend a ticket for U2 at Glasgow next year.   I've since been informed by Ticketmaster that my wife will need to enter the venue and show I.D.   The card holder must be present when entering the arena.  Ticketmaster rightly informed me i should of checked the T&C's before my wife ordered.

Nice one.

$50 dollar subscription to get a chance of pre-sales

Now 2 x GA tickets will be going in the bin.

Thanks Ticketmaster.

Bollocks!

Same happened to me, was really peeved, especially since it was their system error/glitch that issued the tix, they weren't the ones I ordered - I couldn't even sell them on despite friends wanting them. Such a waste

• Subscriber

Hi,

I ordered 2 standing tickets for Glasgow in the pre-sale, then 4 days later was able to get 2 more standing tickets on general sale.  I purchased all 4 tickets on the same debit card and we will all be attending together.  I'm just getting last minute nerves/paranoia that about the ticket restrictions - the Ticketmaster email relating to the pre-sale purchase says:  "There is a strict limit of 2 tickets per person, per credit card and per billing address. There will be no exceptions made to this rule." and then the Ticketmaster email relating to the general sale tickets says: "There is a strict limit of tickets per person, per credit card and per billing address. There will be no exceptions made to this rule." So, in other words if I'd managed to get them all on general sale I wouldn't have to worry at all! Anybody know if I'm ok having 2 pre-sale tix + 2 GA tix purchased on the same card?  Have people done the same thing and got in ok?   I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong but I guess it's how you interpret the T&C in terms of not being able to buy them as a gift etc etc...

As I understand it, the presage and general sale are completely different - so long as you complied with presage rule you are fine to go on and buy in general sale too

• Subscriber

Hi,

As I understand it, the presage and general sale are completely different - so long as you complied with presage rule you are fine to go on and buy in general sale too

Ahh cool! Well I followed the pre-sale rules (ie; max 2 tickets, including me the cardholder with ID etc) so hopefully you're right! Thanks

• Subscriber

This situation has arisen a jillion times in the past (including myself on various prior tours)--and as far as I know, nobody's ever had any problems, confirming that the presale and general sale are completely different entities.

Edited by mike7man
  • Subscriber

This is getting a bit silly now, i am in the same position and have followed U2 since 1981, i live in County Durham and have not missed a tour, at the time the tour was announced and tickets became available my Father generously paid for them with his credit card as a gift, he purchased 2 tickets one for me and another for my friend also a fan, out of curiosity i looked into how we actually get in (paperless) and am told that my father needs to swipe me in, that means a 300mile trip to do this and then home again with a huge travel and accomodation expense, we have contacted the useless/unhelpfull and downright couldnt give a damn if it gets sorted or not person! and it looks like we are screwed, maybe a skipe link could be set-up at the access point to dial to these card holders so they can be seen and show a valid passport? im sure i am not going to be the only dissapointed fan, out of interest how many fans have been turned away from previous U2 shows with this issue?, Gazza

We in same boat mate, we live in Co Durham and my Son is going to Glasgow,I got him the ticket for him on here as I'm a member and my husband paid for it it was for his 21St birthday cos I cannot go because of a disability and it's his 1St gig and he has always wanted to see U2.

Ive been in discussions with Bigwave and bless him he as been trying to help but got an email today from Glasgow SSE hydro saying same thing the Photo ID and name on Credit card have to match but they won't because my hubby paid on his card God it's been a nightmare.

My husband is taking him and we just hoping they will let him in because my husband will be there with all the necessary stuff,then I've heard that they are more concerned with scanning the credit card and getting them in. So we just hope all be ok and That's all you can do is go and hope for the best with your dads credit card of course good luck!!!

Am sure all will be fine, most places all has been needed is the original credit card, (some id checks, but very few from what I have heard) and if your fella is with him, then there will be no issue.

Cheers Bigwave for all that you have done,they have just set off to go to the show and if all is well and he gets in them I will post it on here to reassure everyone cheers all the best Christine x