Sign in to follow this  
ourmaninbananas

PRESALE RED ZONE Tickets on eBay for $5000 USD

Nice to see over the weekend lots of Pre-Sale tickets on eBay for the Red Zone at many thousands of dollars or pounds

Looks like this tour will be true money spinner, even if not for U2's chosen good cause!

post-598778-0-21627600-1418047141_thumb.png

I'm sure the seller will make a healthy donation to Red (sarcasm) from the massive profit they'd make if a fool does buy them.

whoa, I'm impressed by this sellers confidence... I've been in the nosebleeds at stadiums in Dublin,Rome, and arenas like MSG and the O2 in London, and I must say, $22K is definitely pushing it :)

Relax, people.

Just because the tickets are being offered at ridiculous prices doesn't mean anyone's actually buying them at those prices.

I have a hunch the $22K ticket in Chicago is a placeholder for a ticket broker that's not sure whether his order is going to come through.

Putting the ticket on eBay quickly -- before new dates are added -- is critical for these resellers.  Once the broker confirms he actually has those seats, I bet you dollars-to-donuts that the price goes does to $200 or so a seat.

My theory is (and it's just a theory based on my own Internet Marketing experience) that the prices are ridiculously high with these (possible) partner sites to drive sales of the already ridiculous tickets that are still available directly via Ticketmaster.  They don't expect anyone to buy these $22k tickets.  It's done on purpose to make the $312 tickets look like bargains.  Again, just a theory but I've seen similar things like this done before by marketing folk in companies I have worked for.

Sign in to follow this