Sign in to follow this  
Nawlins

Come on ticketmaster

I had x3 tickets at the O2 for the Monday allocated by TicketMaster and then when I hit continue to pay the system crashed and I lost the tickets.

NOT HAPPY!!!

Got 2 GAs within the first 10 minutes for the first TO concert! Unfortunately my joy did not last long. Hit the buy button and what happens... Get a msg popping up - Sorry, general uncoded system error. What the crap, watch the tickets disappear as the timer goes to zero. Kept hitting buy and the same msg kept coming up. Only tickets left are $298.50.

Always disliked general sales with Ticketmaster for big events. (Pre sales etc are OK)

I'm in the UK and what frustrates me is in over 10 years they still don't seem to have ever changed!!! Fortunately for the O2 shows they had their own agency (AXS) who while not perfect are superior with their waiting room prior to them going on sale to ease congestion.

I avoid TM at every opportunity for any event where possible.

I just have a quick question - is there ANYTHING that ANYONE (including U2) can do about the legalized scalping on the Ticketmaster website?

I believe it is up to the artist whether or not to allow resale tickets on Ticketmaster. I imagine with a lot of paperless venues, you do have to allow that to some degree, though, since you can't sell a paperless ticket anywhere else. I am unclear whether U2 or anyone can set a cap on what people can charge to resell them, though.

If there were more paper tickets, then stopping Ticketmaster would just move more of the traffic to Stubhub and elsewhere.

This is how it always goes for any Ticketmaster presale, general on sale, sales of any kind. Because Ticketmaster servers cannot manage the overwhelming response for big name acts like U2. This literally happens every time. It's very annoying and totally lame but there isn't anything we can do about it, except keep trying to get through, unfortunately.

Thia isnt 2003 any more and online sales ain't new... A company the size of Ticketmaster should be prepared for huge sales loke this. If their IT infrastucture is from this century, they should be able yo easy scale their operations to accomadate the extra load.

This is how it always goes for any Ticketmaster presale, general on sale, sales of any kind. Because Ticketmaster servers cannot manage the overwhelming response for big name acts like U2. This literally happens every time. It's very annoying and totally lame but there isn't anything we can do about it, except keep trying to get through, unfortunately.

Thia isnt 2003 any more and online sales ain't new... A company the size of Ticketmaster should be prepared for huge sales loke this. If their IT infrastucture is from this century, they should be able yo easy scale their operations to accomadate the extra load.

100% agreed!! But, Ticketmaster won't pay for the upgrade. I think that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how messed up their priorities are, business wise.

I guess I should feel proud that I was one of the 118,000 record people in the purchasing queue for NY dates yesterday - per the new show announcement from LN - Sorry now that I cracked and bought 4 -200 level seats at top price- need to go back now and try again for better seats or GA for the new ones.

Sign in to follow this