• Subscriber

Its been a while since I paid attention to ticketmaster.com, but are they allowing customers to scalp tickets where they are charging a second "service fee" and profiting from the mark up as well?  What happened to the laws that regulated ticket reselling?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I just checked TM and the only available tickets are RESALES, which of course, are from 50% to 100% more expensive. And there are a lot of them. Some people are really making some nice money out of this 

It's a joke really. Saw resales on there for GA in NY costing $898.98 each. How they can allow this is scandalous.

• Subscriber

but few people scored general admission for MSG in the presale.. this whole ticketing process/fan clubs is crap!

Couldn't even get a ticket, nevermind GA in the presale. Then this shows up on ticketmaster resales. Makes you question the whole process.

There is something major amiss with this reselling issue.  I don't get how it can be OK.  They have all these rules attempting to block scalpers and bad ticketing purchasing practices, yet here they are promoting escalated ticket prices on their own website ???  Literally 15 minutes after the own sale date ??

If this is not conflict of interest, I don't know what is.  I know in America you guys/gals got those very specific anti-trust laws, not sure if they would apply here, but, seems like this issue is in the ballpark of those laws are they not ?

• Subscriber

The way things have turned out, only the GA tix are "scalper-limited"--i.e., with the paperless/ID thing (except NewYork, which prohibits paperless tix completely).  So the reserved tix (AND GA, if it's NYC) are completely resellable (cf. TM's new "in-house" reselling--these are people who bought reserved tix, and have signed up w/TM to resell them).

• Subscriber

Are the official Ticketmaster resales allowed to resell for whatever price they want? That's really bad if so, they should be limiting them to face value only. I agree with the concept of official resales - if Ticketmaster are controlling a resale platform, they can control a lot of aspects of it, eg. price, accountability, fraud prevention. Although admittedly true scalpers would still go elsewhere if Ticketmaster resales tried to control them.... but still, Ticketmaster should not be supporting inflated ticket prices.

Archived