• Subscriber

Are the official Ticketmaster resales allowed to resell for whatever price they want? That's really bad if so, they should be limiting them to face value only. I agree with the concept of official resales - if Ticketmaster are controlling a resale platform, they can control a lot of aspects of it, eg. price, accountability, fraud prevention. Although admittedly true scalpers would still go elsewhere if Ticketmaster resales tried to control them.... but still, Ticketmaster should not be supporting inflated ticket prices.

I could perhaps accepted a 10% mark up or thereabouts on tickets, but when they are allowing GA tickets that are on sale from $800 to over $1000 it just doesn't sit right me at all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The idea is good. Give people a secure platform to exchange tickets. Hell, I don't even mind paying a 15% or so markup if I am 100% guaranteed the ticket is genuine and not an e-ticket being resold 6 times...

I just don't understand why they don't just cap the price to something reasonable.

• Subscriber

I agree with you both, Kevin and Nemesis. A small markup would be fine, it would encourage people to sell openly on Ticketmaster, a secure platform with a little profit as a reward. The way they are doing things currently is ridiculous. I know that U2 and Live Nation probably won't break their partnership with Ticketmaster any time soon, since they're the biggest seller, but it'd be nice if they would say something...

I agree with a small 10 to 15 % mark up, after all, you missed out on pre sales and normal sale….

Some English Soccer Clubs have a secure method in which to exchange tickets, all it costs is the yearly membership to the club (which usually includes a fan pack of some sort with "stuff"), no mark up on the tickets, at least I don't think there is, perhaps some one in England can confirm that.  If Ticketmaster truly cared about giving a secure platform to exchange tickets, they should look at their model…..Arsenal rocks BTW :)…yea yea I know, no need to say any more….

• Subscriber

It was so easy to get tickets the second day of the presale, so no excuses for not getting tickets. Maybe it is time to get rid of AOL dial up. You people may benefit from the secondary market as it is saturated and many tickets are priced just about cost.  Remember prices include 25% total commission and shipping.

• Subscriber

It was so easy to get tickets the second day of the presale, so no excuses for not getting tickets. Maybe it is time to get rid of AOL dial up. You people may benefit from the secondary market as it is saturated and many tickets are priced just about cost.  Remember prices include 25% total commission and shipping.

Speak for yourself maybe on the second day of presale. I think it was well documented on here at the time regarding the shambles of ticketmaster that stopped people getting tickets.

• Subscriber

I'm just so sick to my stomach over this whole debacle. Right from the beginning when they gave only 1 day's notice - to selling right before Christmas - to punishing me for "letting: my subscription expire for 3 months (because I have real responsibilities!), I did renew in October, but NO, that wasn't good enough - right down to not being about to get a single ticket throughout the presale and general sale. 

Yes, I am forever Jaded over this. 

:::sobbing quietly:::

• Subscriber

It's disgusting that legit U2 fans are getting tickets cancelled because of nonsense like two per household yet there are tons available through resale. As long as you're willing to pay above face value, it seems as if the rules go out the window.

I hadn't used TM since last U2 tour so I was thoroughly disgusted when I saw the resale tickets within 15 minutes of tickets going on sale.  Scalping is now called 'resale' and laws vary from state to state, and that's how they have gotten around the scalping issue, it's called resale.  The laws have been crafted carefully to allow scalping (resale) with certain requirements having to be met.  I won't play the game anymore.  40 years of concert going and dealing with mega corporation ticket sellers like TM, Live Nation, etc. and the whole ticket brokering business is enough.  It's been rigged since the beginning of it all back in the 60s.  If you do happen to get tickets for big acts, you got lucky.  The insane ticket prices is also disgusting.  Just keep giving your hard earned cash to mega rich artists.  I've had my fun for decades and never paid an outrageous price for a ticket.