Highlands_Fan

• Subscriber

what time do people plan on lining up for GA? I am going alone to the shows and would like meet up/hang out with other U2 fanatics!

I think I read somewhere online  that on the past tours, overnight camping out was not allowed at the phoenix show (I don't remember which venue it was).

I am interested In the May 21 Hard Rock party.

I hope the weather isn't too hot while waiting in the GA line.

thanks!

Raj

thanks for the info on the baseball game (go Cubs! (I'm from Chicago)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hi Raj!

GA lineup / signup list - after the 5/21 Hard Rock meetup myself and hopefully most of those attending the Hard Rock meetup will go to the venue and see what the GA signup situation is - I will have paper & markers in tow in the event nobody has yet started a signup list...if they have, I'm putting my name on their list & supporting them 100%. If not, then it falls to me to be QB - provided I'm not the ONLY person waiting overnight outside at the venue. Can't do it alone! All help welcome! I'm on FB as CR Brooks. See you at the meetup!

• Subscriber

I will be at the Friday show, am flying in from Dallas Friday morning so will not be able to line up very early for my GA.  I am very excited!  p.s. just booked the Renessaince Pheonix Downtown Hotel for just $95 a night  on kayak.com and it is a 5-minute walk from the concert.

• Subscriber

this is shaping up nicely. Can't wait to see you all there. Happy the shows are indoors as my last U2 show was at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and it was litterally 105 degrees that day.

PS - forum moderators - it's PHOENIX not PHEONIX!

• Subscriber

The Major League Baseball team here, the Arizona Diamondbacks, play next door to the arena where U2 is going to play. Arizona has home games each night. The May 22 game is at 640pm local and the May 23rd game starts at 710pm local. They play the Chicago Cubs, which is one of the biggest draws. They probably will 35,000 in attendance each night.

Any show day meetups that people want to do should keep this mind. I would suggest meet times several hours before hand for anything around the arena to be sure that there's no rush and have plenty of time. The biggest and most popular places that I know of Alice Cooper'town, Hard Rock Cafe, Tilted Kilt, and Copper Blues.  I've been to plenty of weekend concerts at the arena and all of those places get packed early even when there's no baseball game next door.

----Jason

GO CUBS GO!!!  If I didn't have to leave on Sunday to drive back to San DIego I'd go to Cubs game (MY TEAM)....and Jason is right...CROWDS!!

• Subscriber

Repost for all to see:

U2 Fan Meetup

Thur night 5/21 at Phoenix Hardrock

6pm - 9pm MST

Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/1422775274697736/

PHOENIX 5/22 GA Fan signup list - after the 5/21 Hard Rock meetup myself and hopefully most of those attending the Hard Rock meetup will go to the venue and see what the GA signup situation is - I will have paper & markers in tow in the event nobody has yet started a signup list...if they have, I'm putting my name on their list & supporting them 100%. If not, then it falls to me to be QB - provided I'm not the ONLY person waiting overnight outside at the venue.  Signup starts under the venue's marquee sign...security may shoo us away.  I will update via social media.  Roll call will be at 5AM.  But I cannot do this alone - I will not be the only person camping out through the night.  All help welcome and appreciated!  Can't do it alone!  I'm on FB as CR Brooks. See you at the meetup!

• Subscriber

Looking forward to meeting you all at the Hard Rock in Phoenix :-)

I just read this on the @U2 forum (someone contacted the Boston arena): - the Boston GA sounds similar to how Springsteen does the GA line (numbered wristband and then random number to start entering the arena)

Will be interesting if all venues do this or just Boston.

"I sent a message to the TD Garden this morning after reading the FAQ and received this response:

Our policy for GA is giving wristbands in the morning and then returning at an assigned time to line up according to the number on the wristbands. At some point, in the morning or when lining up, they will use a random number, so no need for lining to be here early. We are in a train station and surrounded by government buildings, which does not allow for 'camping out'.You can check back closer to the concert for exact times and to make sure the procedure will be the same.
Enjoy the show."

Archived