Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Hello, 

My tickets got cancelled yesterday as well. Find below a copy of the message send to Ticketmaster. I have not received a response from them, and am not able to contact them by phone either (due to "high call volume").

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hopefully this message finds you well. I just received a notification that (2) of my u2 tickets at MSG on July 18th have been cancelled due to a violation of the purchase policy. Note that I am very familiar with the policy, and would like to clarify the situation.

When the tour was announced my friend XXX and myself signed up for the U2 fan club (@ $50 each) in order to get the pre-sale code. With this presale code we could both purchase (2) tickets.

When the tickets went on sale I purchased two tickets for myself, and went through the checkout procedure. Since XXX lives in the Bahamas, and both the financial system as well as the postal system are somewhat ‘challenging’, I offered to pay for his tickets instead. I understand your automatic system flagged this as a policy violation (for bots & ticket brokers). The truth is that the pre-sale code already ensured that we couldn't buy more tickets than allowed during the pre-sale (2-per person). Also, this purchase did comply with the 4-ticket max. per household.

To clarify, I'm not a bot, not a ticket broker, but simply a big U2 fan who did his buddy a favor. As mentioned, the pre-sale code made sure we complied with the ticket purchase policy and therefore I didn't expect this to happen.

Therefore, please re-instate the ticket. If you need any proof XXX U2 account and pre-sale code, please let me know. His e-mail is XXX. If you prefer to bill him directly, and ship the tickets to him, that's fine as well. If I expected this to be an issue, I would have either let him just pay for it directly (or use another card/name/address myself).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Kasper

can yu PM me the transaction numbers please, ta

and also your friends name here, 

Find below the response from TicketMaster FYI:

---

Hello Kasper,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm glad to have received your email.

First I am sorry for the delay in responding to your request as our email queues have experienced a higher than normal volume. We are working diligently to answer all emails in the order they are received.

I understand what you were doing when you purchased the tickets for your friend, but as the ticket limit was violated a refund had to be provessed. While sometimes (like this time!) it’s possible to exceed the limit when buying tickets, all or part of those orders may be canceled without notice – even if the tickets have already been delivered. (This includes separate orders with the same name, billing address, credit card, IP address, etc.)

If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com.

Once again I do apologize, but I hope you have a good day!

Got a minute? Tell us how we're doing.

Sincerely,

Jonathan 

Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service - Every Customer, Every Day!

the same IP adress-rule is a joke!! really?? so students, coworkers who couldnt get a day off for presale and buy their tix through same computer at work/college are being punished??? maybe try announcing a presale more than a day beforhand!!! there would have been no way i could get a day off to enter presale had i been working last week. and i bet i  wasnt the only one! so maybe some fans thought they were lucky cause, unlike me, they are allowed to use pc at work. but only if none of there coworkers are also u2 fan and want to use their own code for the same concert???

as members of u2.com we get that we are expected to follow this website's rules. and not expect to read all rules and conditions the ticketseller published and as some say are impossible to go through!

OK.... I am soooooooooooo shocked but extremely HAPPY!  Ticket Master just called me and asked me if I want my ticket back that they cancelled!!!!!  Bigwave, not sure if you had anything to do with this????

OK.... I am soooooooooooo shocked but extremely HAPPY!  Ticket Master just called me and asked me if I want my ticket back that they cancelled!!!!!  Bigwave, not sure if you had anything to do with this????

mourinho-knee-slide-o.gif

Question-I bought 2 Experience tickets in last weeks presale. Tomorrow, i'm buying for a friend using her code-her address, her cc info, here email. i'm using my same IP address possibly, but I assume this should be fine?

I have a 2nd friend who also can't get to a computer to buy-

Can I buy a fan club bundle when those go on sale,  using my CC? it'll be my address, but I can give the subcription registration over to this 2nd friend.

Will my info/cc/address from buying 2 tickets in the first presale, flag a new purchase of the fan bundle in the 2nd presale?

Trying to be preemptive here and not have issues. thank you

Edited by kassie67

Could Bigwave obtain confirmation on a couple of items which are been asked here.

I was under the impression that the delivery delay was a period of time when checks were carried out by TM. After the tickets are available for printing or collection and the delay has been lifted does this ensure the tickets can not be cancelled?

The post above implies this is not the case. Tickets can be cancelled any time even after delivery.

And surely TM has some obligation to carry out checks promptly-not 2-3 weeks after the sales as quoted in another thread.

People have arrangements and travel plans to make.

My opinion on this matter is that the rules are ridiculous in this case.

Surely they realise people have two subs within the same household, use the same device and IP address and use one CC to order tickets.

I can see an issue with buying multiple tickets but 4 tickets with 2 subs on the same card???

Not really the motives of a scalper is it?

From a U2 fan perspective the whole charade has left a bad taste.

The ridiculously short presale announcement, were people have to arrange time from work etc. to the threat of ticket cancellation.

A shoddy way to be treat especially after putting literally thousands of dollars over the years into the band and its promoters.

BTW this is not aimed at the mods on this board-they are doing a great job in rectifying the situations people are finding there selves in.

TM should offer more assistance and clarification.

Edited by andybrock

My tickets have been canceled...Gary Kirk

What show and Why?  What crime did you commit?

Sign in to follow this