Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

yeah i can't wait to bring my son (7) one day when i get more than 2 tickets.  My parents never took me to see Led Zeppelin =) 

Hello. Same issues, different fan. I DID, however have luck with TM after a very heated half hour, (following the 1/2 hr. on hold).

Our daughter is an elementary school teacher, 22. She has never been to a U2 concert, an "iNNOCENT", but was raised on the boys, and her "bucket list" top item was

getting to "eXPERIENCE" at least one concert. She bought a membership. I also had renewed mine.

On Friday, I ordered and paid for my 2 tickets; my husband's and mine. It took around an hour of download/update/buffer; resorted to the phone app for TM,

per another fan's advice, thank you. After securing 1 pair, I logged back in w/ her account and bank info. It was a separate code, as other members are saying.

Since she's a teacher, she couldn't leave her third graders to buy tickets; that would be frowned upon...

The TM account already had my banking info. After ANOTHER hour + of searching, was able to secure a pair of tickets in the balcony.

Never DREAMED that the banking info. being from the same household would be an issue. It was a separate fan code, separate email registered to a different person.

I used my banking info. Made it her Christmas gift.

It TOOK the sale. Sent me the confirmed tickets. From Friday afternoon until today, Monday, @ 1:30pm EST, those 2 sets of tickets, the insurance, etc.,

showed in my app and I had several email confirmations.

So AFTER 3 full days of security, this email alert, "You've exceeded. Your tickets are gone. Check your account to see which pair."

I called Ticket Master, while I frantically emailed U2.com, while I searched the Sat. show 2 in Boston again for anything available. Oh, there was RESALE...

for 3x the original price!!!!!!

"Robert" of TicketMasochists, answered and in a slightly condescending way, explained that even if I had used my daughter's banking info., the tickets would still be gone.

She lives in a rental house in another town. But her banking account is still registered to our address. It would've kicked the tickets loose again.

BUT her pair was still in limbo from the release.

I called my father on my cell, who thank God answered, and allowed me to use his banking and address to have her tickets mailed.

So I owe him far more, I think, than the reimbursement of the ticket charges.

I was furious and shaking, but now after reading these other stories, I am very grateful that our scenario actually ended well.

At least for now.

Seriously hoping that all you other fans who got robbed and cheated have your tickets returned to you, or upgraded!

As far as the resalers are concerned? I think THEIR tickets should be revoked! And given to the TRUE fans who are trying to share the "eXPERIENCE" !

Good luck to all of you,

Jennifer

I found out from Ticketmaster by email this afternoon (once it was too late to try and get any public sale tickets) that they had cancelled two tickets that we had purchased for the U2 concert in Phoenix. This cancellation should not have occurred. My wife and I are both separate members/subscribers on the U2.com website, so each us should have been able to purchase two tickets to the event. We had both received emails from U2.com, each with a personal and distinct purchase ID valid for 2 tickets. We can even provide proof of this to ticketmaster to show the validity of our purchase. We were planning to take our children (12 and 15 years) to the event and once we had purchased the tickets, we told our children and made a hotel reservation in Phoenix for May. Our tickets were subsequently cancelled by Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster lists itself on the purchase website as an Agent, stepping into the shoes of U2. We love U2 and would hope that Ticketmaster would honor U2’s offer to each of us as subscribers. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi mods!

I just have the same issue: friday afternoon I purchased 3 tickets (seats) for NY 23rd with 2 DIFFERENT INNOCENCE CODES but with the same credit card (of a friend of mine) and last night I received ticletmaster's mail alerting me that the third tkt has been cancelled because "I exceed my number of tickets"!!!

Can't believe it!!!

The second problem is that, friday afternoon, i purchased 3 GA for NY 22nd, with 2 different presale codes, using the same credit card (the same credit card for all the GA but NOT THE SAME for the seats of the 23rd), but I haven't received any mail, yet.

What can I do?? I'm really speechless.. 6 tickets for 3 different presale codes, so.. what's the matter?

Can't believe it .. I'm furious

Edited by wilhorses80

update:

they've just cancelled the 3rd GA for NY 22nd!!!
without any email!!! 
I noticed it 'cos I log in to my account in tickemaster!!!!

What should I do?????

It doesn't make any sense....hope you guys can do something because if I bought 2 + 2 tickets with 2 DIFFERENT CODES i didn't do anything wrong. If i live in a house with my husband and we have 2 subscriptions, 1 credit card and we buy 4 tickets for one show why can't we go? Of course we live in the same house!!! do i need to break up with my husband to go to a U2 concert with him and my family? I'm ok with the war against scalpers but right now the only ones losing are real FANS! 

I'm so angry and i feel betrayed...maybe if they had started the presale a few days after the announcement, things would have gone in a better way

And now the best thing is that you CAN'T send any form to TM!
It doesn't work!!! 
So, what should I do?????

now I understand, from what happened to me and the other people i read in this topic, that the issue is we bought more than 2 ticket with the same credit card for the same concert!!!
this is TOTALLY NON-SENSE!!
this max ticket limit WASN'T SHOWN!!

So, what should I do?? May i have 2 houses and 2 different credit cards in order to have 2 different billing address???
This is MADNESS.

Edited by wilhorses80

I found out from Ticketmaster by email this afternoon (once it was too late to try and get any public sale tickets) that they had cancelled two tickets that we had purchased for the U2 concert in Phoenix. This cancellation should not have occurred. My wife and I are both separate members/subscribers on the U2.com website, so each us should have been able to purchase two tickets to the event. We had both received emails from U2.com, each with a personal and distinct purchase ID valid for 2 tickets. We can even provide proof of this to ticketmaster to show the validity of our purchase. We were planning to take our children (12 and 15 years) to the event and once we had purchased the tickets, we told our children and made a hotel reservation in Phoenix for May. Our tickets were subsequently cancelled by Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster lists itself on the purchase website as an Agent, stepping into the shoes of U2. We love U2 and would hope that Ticketmaster would honor U2’s offer to each of us as subscribers. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

hi, can you PM me transaction ID's, we can sort this out, cheers, BW

update:

they've just cancelled the 3rd GA for NY 22nd!!!

without any email!!! 

I noticed it 'cos I log in to my account in tickemaster!!!!

What should I do?????

can yoiu send me all usernames of codes used, and transaction id's please, we can get this sorted. ta

Sign in to follow this