Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Do you know who U2 should use to handle the U2 Fan Club ticket sales? U2.com, not Ticketmaster.com. Pearl Jam, though they recently have moved to a lottery for their fan club tickets, still handles their fan club sales in-house......

$$$$$$$

****Very distressing tickets STILL being cancelled!  Why can't U2.COM get TM to STOP cancelling.  

The U2.COM rules state 2 tickets per member with a presale code across the tour.

I think TM has grossly misinterpreted this rule!  

TM has interpreted it to 2 tickets per code PER HOUSEHOLD during the presale days, which IS NOT the U2.COM rule.  TWO TICKETS PER MEMBER, REGARDLESS!!!

****Very distressing tickets STILL being cancelled!  Why can't U2.COM get TM to STOP cancelling.  

The U2.COM rules state 2 tickets per member with a presale code across the tour.

I think TM has grossly misinterpreted this rule!  

TM has interpreted it to 2 tickets per code PER HOUSEHOLD during the presale days, which IS NOT the U2.COM rule.  TWO TICKETS PER MEMBER, REGARDLESS!!!

Follow Up:  Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show. 

So many similar stories here it's sad. I can relate to Russ Zara. We live in Toronto and my wife and I each had a presale code, but one order was cancelled. TM did nothing. So frustrating.

I'm wondering for those who had an order cancelled - is the presale code they used valid once again? Or now void, even though they got no tickets from that code? Some may try and buy in the presale for the newly announced show dates. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers to the great mods on this forum for all that they are doing too!

Bigwave - just a confirmation so that I feel better (if you know the answer).  Is there an issue with buying 4 tickets for two shows (8 total) on the first day of general sale?

maybe bigwave can confirm this, but ticket master told me that my pre-sale tickets count towards the gerneral public sale for the same show that you are buying for.  for example, if you bought 2 ticekts for a show and then took part in the gerneral sale, you could only buy 2 more, not 4.

That's completely thrown me, i got no idea what the limits are  :wacko:

So many similar stories here it's sad. I can relate to Russ Zara. We live in Toronto and my wife and I each had a presale code, but one order was cancelled. TM did nothing. So frustrating.

I'm wondering for those who had an order cancelled - is the presale code they used valid once again? Or now void, even though they got no tickets from that code? Some may try and buy in the presale for the newly announced show dates. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers to the great mods on this forum for all that they are doing too!

well, in my case after my wife and i bought 4 tickets with two pre-sale codes for the two Toronto shows (3 tkts for one show and 1 tkt for the other show), both my pre-sale codes were dead.  even though i only received 3 tickets (2 for the first show and 1 for the second) because 1 was cancelled by Ticket Master.  So it looks like once used to purchase 2 tickets, your pre-sale code is dead regardless if Ticket Master cancels one.

This may be a big stretch...but is it possible to take TM to court because their wording is vague and they're cancelling tickets? As far as I'm concerned if anyone gets their tickets cancelled because they got 2 presale and 4 general sale and it turns out the 2 presale was supposed to count towards the 4 TM did not make that clear on their site and took it upon themselves to cancel your order? Just a thought.

What greatly frustrates me is that there are plenty on TM resale site. WTF? Real U2 fans get there tickets cancelled but you can buy as many as you want for over face value from them. I'm waiting for my order to be cancelled as well. Bought 4 tiks with 2 presale codes (mine and my wife's). We were so excited to get to see the lads for two shows at MSG. Reading the above posts I'm sure mine will be cancelled shortly.

What greatly frustrates me is that there are plenty on TM resale site. WTF? Real U2 fans get there tickets cancelled but you can buy as many as you want for over face value from them. I'm waiting for my order to be cancelled as well. Bought 4 tiks with 2 presale codes (mine and my wife's). We were so excited to get to see the lads for two shows at MSG. Reading the above posts I'm sure mine will be cancelled shortly.

Again I ask, who is making the rules for the presale??? U2.COM?  Then why can't someone in charge tell TM to stop cancelling tickets if they were bought with separate codes???  Especially if they were EXperience codes, signifying longtime members....  This was a FAN CLUB presale.  TM should follow FAN CLUB guidelines!!

Again I ask, who is making the rules for the presale??? U2.COM?  Then why can't someone in charge tell TM to stop cancelling tickets if they were bought with separate codes???  Especially if they were EXperience codes, signifying longtime members....  This was a FAN CLUB presale.  TM should follow FAN CLUB guidelines!!

well said...totally agree!!!

Sign in to follow this