subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

• Subscriber

Slightly off topic, but i have a problem with Ticket Master UK.

My wife bought me 2 x GA Glasgow tickets.  I'm going to take my best mate.   Unfortunately me and my mate will not be able to attend the show.  TM inform us (in their robotic corporate manner) that only the card holder can enter the venue.  My wife must enter and take one other person.   TM further explained we are at fault for not abiding by the strict purchasing rules for U2.  The card holder 'must' enter the venue.

My wife won't go.  We live 200 miles away, and she is not keen on U2.  It's a present for me, and i'm taking my best mate.

So far, I'm struggling.   Load of crap!!!

There is already a thread explaining this.  So sorry for repeating it here.   But i'm that annoyed with reading the stories from North American U2 fans, then i felt i had to have a blast.  Sorry

All the best everyone x 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Bigwave - just a confirmation so that I feel better (if you know the answer).  Is there an issue with buying 4 tickets for two shows (8 total) on the first day of general sale?

maybe bigwave can confirm this, but ticket master told me that my pre-sale tickets count towards the gerneral public sale for the same show that you are buying for.  for example, if you bought 2 ticekts for a show and then took part in the gerneral sale, you could only buy 2 more, not 4.

That's completely thrown me, i got no idea what the limits are  :wacko:

What?  Really? Thats a load of crap from TM.  If that was the case, then the presale limit should have matched the public sale limit and this should have been made clear.

• Community Manager

I'm sorry to bother you bigwave :) but can you please tell us what are the limits and rules on ticketmaster? Would it be possible to buy one ticket for 4 different shows in ny (with the same credit card)? Thank you!

asked umpteen times. as confused as everyone else - see posts a few above yours, different people being told different things.

• Subscriber

Well I hope u2.com will be able to defend and protect its customers and fans...and I hope it really wants to do that! We are fans and need respect. Hope u2.com will listen to the mods! And I don't understand why there are so many tickets sold at 500$ on tm website.... I'm angry and sad right now :(

Edited by joshua84
  • Subscriber

Well I hope u2.com will be able to defend and protect its customers and fans...and I hope it really wants to do that! We are fans and need respect. Hope u2.com will listen to the mods! And I don't understand why there are so many tickets sold at 500$ on tm website.... I'm angry and sad right now :(

Not to mention the $50 annual subscription fee for U2.com most of used paid, just to guarantee pre-sale opportunity.

• Subscriber

Knock on wood I have not had any ticket problems yet, but I had emailed TM last week as to whether the two presale tix would count in the limit of four the first General onsale day. They told me if I used the presale and got two tix, I couldn't get any in the general sale. I asked that a supervisor review that. They are still telling me that U2 had a TOTAL limit of two tix per household per event. Here's the latest email.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to assist you. We apologize for any confusion. This event for U2, has restricted the limit of tickets to two per household per event. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Got a minute? Tell us how we're doing.

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service - Every Customer, Every Day!

• Community Manager

Knock on wood I have not had any ticket problems yet, but I had emailed TM last week as to whether the two presale tix would count in the limit of four the first General onsale day. They told me if I used the presale and got two tix, I couldn't get any in the general sale. I asked that a supervisor review that. They are still telling me that U2 had a TOTAL limit of two tix per household per event. Here's the latest email.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to assist you. We apologize for any confusion. This event for U2, has restricted the limit of tickets to two per household per event. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Got a minute? Tell us how we're doing.

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service - Every Customer, Every Day!

is that 2 PRESALE tickets, or OVERALL tickets - if you can post which show this is for that will help

• Subscriber

in the evening I called again TM, via skype

The girl who answered has been very kind this time and I was able to ask her about the next concerts and about money refunding:

- she said that the limit is FOR 2 TICKETS FOR EACH EVENT FOR EACH CREDIT CARD/USER .. I replied her that this limit wasn't shown on the event page.. she kept me waiting several minutes than told me that it was the limit of u2.com presale. I replied again that I used 2 DIFFERENT PRE SALE CODES. She didn't know what to answer and asked me to wait again.. then the line's fallen :(, after 40' talking :(

- she told me that the money should be refunded in 3/7 business days

My idea, now, is that they confused the rule of max 2 tickets for each presale (u2com limit) with the limit of max 2 tickets for each event (TM limit BUT LIMIT NOT SHOWN AND NOT STATED!).. this is completely non sense.

I asked her also about the next concerts and she told me I can buy 2 tickets for each evening with the same credit card already used, the most important thing is that tickets for the same concert and paid by the same c.c. must be MAX 2.

I'm still waiting for any news about my presale code, used for the 2 tickets they deleted .. can i use this code the day after tomorrow for new concerts????
in case I can't use it anymore, I really HOPE that u2com will refund me the 50$!

Edited by wilhorses80
  • Subscriber

It's the Chicago show. So far they haven't done anything with my tickets, but it worries me that they can't understand the difference between presale and General sale. I got two presale and one in general.