Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Knock on wood I have not had any ticket problems yet, but I had emailed TM last week as to whether the two presale tix would count in the limit of four the first General onsale day. They told me if I used the presale and got two tix, I couldn't get any in the general sale. I asked that a supervisor review that. They are still telling me that U2 had a TOTAL limit of two tix per household per event. Here's the latest email.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to assist you. We apologize for any confusion. This event for U2, has restricted the limit of tickets to two per household per event. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Got a minute? Tell us how we're doing.

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service - Every Customer, Every Day!

is that 2 PRESALE tickets, or OVERALL tickets - if you can post which show this is for that will help

Sounds like TM needs to be corrected from "Two per Household" to "Two per presale code".  That would fix SOOOOO much of this.

Hello, 

My tickets got cancelled yesterday as well. Find below a copy of the message send to Ticketmaster. I have not received a response from them, and am not able to contact them by phone either (due to "high call volume").

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hopefully this message finds you well. I just received a notification that (2) of my u2 tickets at MSG on July 18th have been cancelled due to a violation of the purchase policy. Note that I am very familiar with the policy, and would like to clarify the situation.

When the tour was announced my friend XXX and myself signed up for the U2 fan club (@ $50 each) in order to get the pre-sale code. With this presale code we could both purchase (2) tickets.

When the tickets went on sale I purchased two tickets for myself, and went through the checkout procedure. Since XXX lives in the Bahamas, and both the financial system as well as the postal system are somewhat ‘challenging’, I offered to pay for his tickets instead. I understand your automatic system flagged this as a policy violation (for bots & ticket brokers). The truth is that the pre-sale code already ensured that we couldn't buy more tickets than allowed during the pre-sale (2-per person). Also, this purchase did comply with the 4-ticket max. per household.

To clarify, I'm not a bot, not a ticket broker, but simply a big U2 fan who did his buddy a favor. As mentioned, the pre-sale code made sure we complied with the ticket purchase policy and therefore I didn't expect this to happen.

Therefore, please re-instate the ticket. If you need any proof XXX U2 account and pre-sale code, please let me know. His e-mail is XXX. If you prefer to bill him directly, and ship the tickets to him, that's fine as well. If I expected this to be an issue, I would have either let him just pay for it directly (or use another card/name/address myself).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Kasper

Hello, 

My tickets got cancelled yesterday as well. Find below a copy of the message send to Ticketmaster. I have not received a response from them, and am not able to contact them by phone either (due to "high call volume").

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hopefully this message finds you well. I just received a notification that (2) of my u2 tickets at MSG on July 18th have been cancelled due to a violation of the purchase policy. Note that I am very familiar with the policy, and would like to clarify the situation.

When the tour was announced my friend XXX and myself signed up for the U2 fan club (@ $50 each) in order to get the pre-sale code. With this presale code we could both purchase (2) tickets.

When the tickets went on sale I purchased two tickets for myself, and went through the checkout procedure. Since XXX lives in the Bahamas, and both the financial system as well as the postal system are somewhat ‘challenging’, I offered to pay for his tickets instead. I understand your automatic system flagged this as a policy violation (for bots & ticket brokers). The truth is that the pre-sale code already ensured that we couldn't buy more tickets than allowed during the pre-sale (2-per person). Also, this purchase did comply with the 4-ticket max. per household.

To clarify, I'm not a bot, not a ticket broker, but simply a big U2 fan who did his buddy a favor. As mentioned, the pre-sale code made sure we complied with the ticket purchase policy and therefore I didn't expect this to happen.

Therefore, please re-instate the ticket. If you need any proof XXX U2 account and pre-sale code, please let me know. His e-mail is XXX. If you prefer to bill him directly, and ship the tickets to him, that's fine as well. If I expected this to be an issue, I would have either let him just pay for it directly (or use another card/name/address myself).

Thanks,

Kasper

can yu PM me the transaction numbers please, ta

Hello, 

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks,

Kasper

and also your friends name here, 

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ about tour and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code.

Edited by juantrenine

Hello, 

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks,

Kasper

and also your friends name here, 

Just send you both. Thanks

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ on the tour link (number posted below) and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically if you share the same address with another U2.com subscriber only one of you can use your pre-sale code. Thus, I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code. If I do this, I was told I will be at risk of having "all orders cancelled". Has anyone had tangible results getting at a policy that assures things won't get cancelled when following the exact ticket procedure that U2 issued? It seems as if Bigwave has had to try and fix everything. Which sucks for him and is an absurd way to handle ticket sales for the biggest band in the world ticket. Again, this is the phone # posted on the U2.com page. Please tell me someone has gotten a better answer.

I suggest we all call.

CONTACT US
If you have questions please call our customer support team at:
1-800-615-1324 (inside the US)
+001-949-333-4820 (outside the US).

I wish i could help.   You argument is similar to many U2 fans.

I hope some take's TM to task over this shite service!!

Sign in to follow this