subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

• Community Manager

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ about tour and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code.

can you PM me your order numbers, (and both usernames) thanks

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The general view (confirmed by Bigwave) is that if you have two different names AND (critically) two different CCs, then having the same address shouldn't affect you.  My wife and I already did this for the 1st two Chicago shows--no problems.  My wife and I have also done this w/no issues in many previous tours.  Bigwave also said they told TM to lay off (in situations like I just described), and to tell him if problems occur anyway.  All that said, my and others' (successful) experience with this involves using the presales for different shows (i.e., not trying to use both pairs of presale codes for the same show).  Even there, however, you should be OK as long as the TM Credit Cards you're using are different.  As far as I know, almost all the problems folks have had is when they use the same CC.  Oh, and it would help if there are only 2 members at the same address, I suppose.

Edited by mike7man
  • Subscriber

Oh boy...I'm still so pissed off and on a roll that I'll share my story.  I had an Experience code, so I did my presale on Thursday.  I was trying for a GA to Chicago 1. I was having issues with ticketmaster.com, so a friend suggested using the Mobile App.  Anyway, that worked, the GA ticket went through (I thought). But, I never received an email confirmation, although I could see a confirmation number.  But....the ticket never showed up in the "my ticket" area of the TM app.  I didn't think much of it until I purchased a GA ticket for LA a few hours later.  It went to a final screen, then I got an immediate email confirmation.  So, I started to freak out, and immediately tried for another GA to Chicago, since the first one didn't work.  I got one, got the email confirmation, and the ticket showed in app.  So, all good, right?!?

But wait...not good!  I got an email from TM on Sunday saying I had violated the ticket limit and  my ticket would be cancelled.  Of course there is no way to speak to a human at Ticketmaster.  The customer service number has had a busy signal for the past five days.  So, I sent a frantic email to them to please help me and call me.  I received an email from TM today, saying I still had the GA to Chicago 1.  I thought they were referring to the ticket I had the confirmation email on and was showing in my app.  Just for the hell of it, I clicked on that ticket in the app - and it said it was voided!!! OMG.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the United Center in Chicago, and they assured me the the initial transaction did go through, and that the ticket shows in the system.  But, I never received a confirmation on that ticket, so the person I spoke to said as long as they swipe my credit card at the entry, I'll be fine.  That's a pretty major leap of faith on my part.  I told the guy I talked to that if he was giving me crap information I was gonna hunt him down!!!  So. Much. Stress.

Fingers crossed!!  Suzanne

• Subscriber

Dear U2.com,

I have been a long time member - from the Propaganda days. For this tour my wife and daughters ( university age) also became members with the hope of all of being able to attend both Toronto shows. We all live at the same address but had individual memberships and unique codes. Today our order for 2 tickets for show one was cancelled. I called TM and they confirmed there was nothing they could do. I also got 4 tickets to the Tuesday July 7th show - and they were Red Zone. The TM rep said they aren't cancelled yet, but based on what happened with show 1 , she expects them to be cancelled as well. That would be devastating. We were so excited to be able to get Red Zone and go together. Is there any way you can save us these tickets for the second Toronto show? Please help. Thanks!

• Community Manager

Dear U2.com,

I have been a long time member - from the Propaganda days. For this tour my wife and daughters ( university age) also became members with the hope of all of being able to attend both Toronto shows. We all live at the same address but had individual memberships and unique codes. Today our order for 2 tickets for show one was cancelled. I called TM and they confirmed there was nothing they could do. I also got 4 tickets to the Tuesday July 7th show - and they were Red Zone. The TM rep said they aren't cancelled yet, but based on what happened with show 1 , she expects them to be cancelled as well. That would be devastating. We were so excited to be able to get Red Zone and go together. Is there any way you can save us these tickets for the second Toronto show? Please help. Thanks!

can you PM me transaction id's & any username , thanks