Top price too expensive......? Nope

• Subscriber

If you look at the seating maps, yes, most NA venues have seats available, but honestly very few.  Considering the complaining going on over here about ticket price, you can bet there will be more shows added.

Europe sold right out, and its no coincidence that their promo tour was in Europe.  Bono's injury meant they were unable to do the same in North America.  The power of their new songs I think made a difference, but who knows.  Fact is very few tickets remain at all.

• Subscriber

If you look at the seating maps, yes, most NA venues have seats available, but honestly very few.  Considering the complaining going on over here about ticket price, you can bet there will be more shows added.

Europe sold right out, and its no coincidence that their promo tour was in Europe.  Bono's injury meant they were unable to do the same in North America.  The power of their new songs I think made a difference, but who knows.  Fact is very few tickets remain at all.

No, I disagree.  The price point was too reaching.  There's almost entire sections still unsold out west.  For an indoor 1st leg, these sale, while still strong in the usual markets, didn't go as well as they hoped.  Its the first time playing indoors in over 10 yrs.  They put the strongest markets on sale today to test the waters.  Had they priced it correctly, it would have sold out in a few hrs like in the past.   Again, still good, but this is U2.  Its the first time I can remember tickets of ANY kind still being available come midnight the day of the on sale.  Stadium shows excluded of course.    

• Subscriber

Its pretty simple supply and demand....the supply of $300 tickets exceeds demand, the supply of $40 and $85 tickets along with GA doesn not meet demand....GA's were sold out within minutes...the nosebleed seats were sold within minutes, if you look at the seats still available they are almost all $300 seats and not good views.  I think for a lot of people its a budget play....I make about $15.00 an hour...its a FULL week of work for me and my wife to go to one show....

• Subscriber

I personally think they are gonna have a real hard time selling out these additional shows.  For sure a lot of upper level $300 seats will remain.

I think if all upper level seats were closer to the $100 range, they would all set out no issue.

The $300 upper level seats are what is leaving the most bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

• Subscriber

There is no question that many of the $300 upper level tickets are not gong to sell at that price. Management will be searching to unload them at a lower the price through other means (a la the Stones - I purchased two front row lower level a day before the show for 1/2 price) If you thought no-one was buying these tickets......wait until tickets for the new shows are made available.

The only saving grace is the scalpers are going to get slaughtered..........

• Subscriber
The most IDIOTIC thing is that for Toronto they are selling "Platinum Seats" BEHIND THE STAGE for $495 a pop. The only thing go you get for your $500 besides a seat is

"Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!"

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/u2-innoce...ink=edp_buytix

WTF. I almost feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan when I see crap like this. C'mon guys REALLY??