Added shows- but no TO

Tracy M

• Subscriber

Seriously? They have added shows due to demand in EVERY sold out city except Toronto and Turin......what's with that? Although I see there may still be some wiggle room on the front side of the current TO dates......

• Subscriber

Seriously? They have added shows due to demand in EVERY sold out city except Toronto and Turin......what's with that? Although I see there may still be some wiggle room on the front side of the current TO dates......

IIRC, Toronto was one of the few cities to get a third date on the 360 tour.... maybe they're just trying to share the wealth this time around.  Or maybe it's just something simple, like the ACC being booked for other events.

Remember also that on the Elevation tour, they played Toronto on one leg and then hit nearby Hamilton on another.  Don't give up hope!

• Subscriber

.... maybe they're just trying to share the wealth this time around.  ....

I don't think Live Nation is concerned at all about "sharing the wealth".

I would guess that either the show will be announced soon or, as you suggested, the ACC isn't available. The is certainly time on their touring calendar for another pair of Toronto shows inbetween the last (announced) Chicago show and the first (announced) Toronto show.

• Subscriber

I actually think they'll wait and hit Hamilton and Ottawa on the 2nd leg....which I'd be okay with. If I can snag tix for Ottawa, it's also an excuse to visit our son at university! And I remember the Copps show on the 2nd leg of Elevation....boy do I remember that show like it was yesterday. I had a fractured tailbone but still went! Had a blast! Cried when I realized how good our seats really were (mind you, this was the last time we had seats...... I have been GA ever since!)

• Subscriber

I actually think they'll wait and hit Hamilton and Ottawa on the 2nd leg....which I'd be okay with. If I can snag tix for Ottawa, it's also an excuse to visit our son at university! And I remember the Copps show on the 2nd leg of Elevation....boy do I remember that show like it was yesterday. I had a fractured tailbone but still went! Had a blast! Cried when I realized how good our seats really were (mind you, this was the last time we had seats...... I have been GA ever since!)

Well, if there is a second North American leg all signs point to it being a stadium tour effectively leaving Ottawa and Hamilton out, IMO.

For Leg 1, I definitely don't see Ottawa being used to fill in dates between Chicago and Toronto. Between Toronto (2) and Montreal (4) the Ottawa fan base if covered.

I think it's really a non-starter, though, as I think it unlikely that new cities will be added to North America for Leg 1.

I do think Hamilton would be a smart addition as it would service the up-state New York crowd and that part of Ontario.

• Subscriber

Yeah, looks like Toronto is not really sold out.  Closeish, but not close enough to get two more shows.  Keep in mind, they're doing/adding shows in pairs.  At this point, I think that gap (between Chicago and Toronto) is going to stay open.  They're not going to add any other cities.  If the two additional Chicago dates sold out quickly (which I very much doubt will happen), maybe Chicago would get two more.  I wouldn't be surprised if London got two more, though--they sold out their 4 pretty fast.

• Subscriber

Toronto hasn't sold out yet because U2 is charging $300 for the first 11 rows in the Upper Level. There are 18 Rows total in the upper level 300 section at the Air Canada Centre. If U2 weren't so greedy and had made the Upper Level tickets $110.00 instead of $300 they would have sold out both shows and added another 2 shows. Greed is running the U2 show now a U2 Tour is just a licence to print money for them.

Edited by kitemaster