Hope definitions part two

monicamartinuri

Monica, I am not sure I follow your thread, and would like to.

I also would be curious about something you said in another thread about a week ago. You wrote that you though No Line sounds like an album they were"forced to make." Why do you think this?

Thanks!

Actually, I have come back several times now and re-read this and your first Hope thread, Monica...and I am still not sure I am following what you mean. Butsomehow I get the sense that hope is a rather desperate and excruciatingly sad place to be, based on your definitions. Which is actually a very interestingturn of the concept.

Oh dear...I wonder if I am losing my capacity to hope. I think I may be arriving at the place where I simply cease to want that which cannot be. One can onlytry so hard at something, and if it does not come to pass, living in a state of "hope" seems self-defeating and masochistic. Is this resignation? Iam sure this is not a good development in the grand scheme of things, but probably is the very best action to take toward self-preservation. Does this make anysense?

LifeFactory wrote:

Monica, I am not sure I follow your thread, and would like to.

I also would be curious about something you said in another thread about a week ago. You wrote that you though No Line sounds like an album they were "forced to make." Why do you think this?

Thanks!

I find no passion in this record,and because after all the time passed since their last album they could have created a better record...

LifeFactory wrote:

Actually, I have come back several times now and re-read this and your first Hope thread, Monica...and I am still not sure I am following what you mean. But somehow I get the sense that hope is a rather desperate and excruciatingly sad place to be, based on your definitions. Which is actually a very interesting turn of the concept.

Oh dear...I wonder if I am losing my capacity to hope. I think I may be arriving at the place where I simply cease to want that which cannot be. One can only try so hard at something, and if it does not come to pass, living in a state of "hope" seems self-defeating and masochistic. Is this resignation? I am sure this is not a good development in the grand scheme of things, but probably is the very best action to take toward self-preservation. Does this make any sense?

maybe that´s why human being is the only one that crashes twice against the same stone...