Sign in to follow this  
passenger789

C'mon U2, new shows & no new pre-sale allocation for subscribers?!?!

What is up with these presales?  The Propoganda members should get first shot at every presale and now it does not even matter.  Being a member of Propoganda goes back to before the Popmart tour.  That's two decades.  Now someone who joined last week or a few days ago so they could get in on the presale should get tickets?  Let them be in line as they joined.  The longest standing members of the fan club are being lumped in with those who joined within the past ten months or two years or whatever it is.  I'm sorry if you joined and did not get seats but we are talking people who have been faithful to this band and paid to be members of the fan club for two decades being lumped in with those who have joined since the last tour.  It is irritating that we did not get four seats period.  Now this?   I love U2.  I used to love this site.  I think the moderators are great but alienating your longest standing fan base is not right.

Propoganda members should get first shot at presales and should get another code for more tickets.  I think we all should have gotten four tickets but it is what it is.  They are asking $300 for seats and they null and void Propoganda.  The presale was a mess.  They add new shows and nothing.  Propoganda members and those who closely followed them have paid a lot of money to be a member of this fan club and it's being completely ignored.  They are alienating the longest standing fan base and it's wrong.

I wish I had taken time to calm down before I posted my feelings about all of this.  Lesson learned.  Take a deep breath.....     Sorry.  I'm not the jerk I sound like above.   I feel how I feel but how I expressed this leaves a lot to be desired.

Especially for MSG, which will give you paper tickets.

Not sure if you're in MTL Jeff, but just as an fyi, my 8 general sale tix are paper, mailed to my home adress... I think in MTL it was only GA floors that were paperless (I got 2 GA floors from pre-sale & these are paperless), so here in MTL I'm sure there are/will be a gazillion scalper tickets out there.... 

Well I am not buying from scalpers...it is my decision. Scalpers are the ones making these pre-sales nightmarish! I hate them!  :angry:

Edited by manon amos

What is up with these presales?  The Propoganda members should get first shot at every presale and now it does not even matter.  Being a member of Propoganda goes back to before the Popmart tour.  That's two decades.  Now someone who joined last week or a few days ago so they could get in on the presale should get tickets?  Let them be in line as they joined.  The longest standing members of the fan club are being lumped in with those who joined within the past ten months or two years or whatever it is.  I'm sorry if you joined and did not get seats but we are talking people who have been faithful to this band and paid to be members of the fan club for two decades being lumped in with those who have joined since the last tour.  It is irritating that we did not get four seats period.  Now this?   I love U2.  I used to love this site.  I think the moderators are great but alienating your longest standing fan base is not right.

Propoganda members should get first shot at presales and should get another code for more tickets.  I think we all should have gotten four tickets but it is what it is.  They are asking $300 for seats and they null and void Propoganda.  The presale was a mess.  They add new shows and nothing.  Propoganda members and those who closely followed them have paid a lot of money to be a member of this fan club and it's being completely ignored.  They are alienating the longest standing fan base and it's wrong.

I wish I had taken time to calm down before I posted my feelings about all of this.  Lesson learned.  Take a deep breath.....     Sorry.  I'm not the jerk I sound like above.   I feel how I feel but how I expressed this leaves a lot to be desired.

Lolll... don't worry about it Manoh, a little venting now & then does a person good!! .... is'nt that what most of the World Wide Web is all about?!?!  :lol: .. p.s. , your right about this whole pre-sale sucking the Big One for Propoganda veterans.....  

Edited by passenger789

Yes, the above is a complaint but I think it's a legitimate complaint and most Propoganda members seem to agree although I cannot speak for any of them, nor can I speak for them collectively but I've seen similar sentiments all over this site.

Former propaganda members have the same category as members who joined prior to 9/9/2014... eXPERIENCED.  Not complaining just saying.  dISSAPPOINTED

Especially for MSG, which will give you paper tickets.

Not sure if you're in MTL Jeff, but just as an fyi, my 8 general sale tix are paper, mailed to my home adress... I think in MTL it was only GA floors that were paperless (I got 2 GA floors from pre-sale & these are paperless), so here in MTL I'm sure there are/will be a gazillion scalper tickets out there.... 

Hi passenger789, have you ever had your prior tix mailed to you by UPS 2-day service?  Or know anyone who has?  I am wondering when they are mailed out?  2 days since date of purchase or____?  I have not received mine yet and I paid for UPS 2 day service.  Any thoughts are ideas?  I already emailed Ticketmaster.  My confirmation email did not provide the UPS tracking #!!!  I am going crazy here.  Any input?  Thanks.

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, was away from the computer for a few hrs.

You're in NY right?? Did you buy tix for MTL??

Here in MTL Canada, the seller Evenko (our home grown version of Ticketmaster, & owned by the same CO as the Canadiens hockey team & the Bell Ctr. where they play & where the concerts are) sends the tix via regular Canada Post mail, usually a few days after the sale & we get them anywhere from 7-8 days/2 weeks after buying them, if my memory banks are'nt failling me :) ... I could'nt tell you about UPS service in NY.... when we check out at purchase online, we can chose delivery via "regular mail" or "pick-up at box-office".. .hope you get yours soon, but I would'nt loose sleep over it, the shows are still 6 months away, as long as you have your email receipts you should be fine  :)

Edited by passenger789

Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

Unfortunately Platts, don't count on it :( presales start tomorrow & no new developments on that end... sucks the Big One...

Edited by passenger789

I agree. 2 more shows added in Montreal. I have 4 members in my family. Do we all have to join U2.com to get tickets? I guess we'll flip a coin to see who gets to go. Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

Unfortunately Platts, don't count on it :( presales start tomorrow & no new developments on that end... sucks the Big One...

It does not make sense we could of bought 1 ticket for each show...I do not understand...we always bought 4 tickets...now 2 tickets that's it...I am so sad...

Edited by manon amos

Sign in to follow this