For the next lot of new dates added how many tickets?

1 member has voted

1. 1. whats the maximum ticket allowance up to and including the next general sale?

• other

• Subscriber

If you used your code already you are allowed no seats in the presale.  If you did not use your code then you are allowed two seats.  You can buy two seats for one show or one seat for two different shows.  If you are buying them in the general sale then it should say how many you can buy at whatever ticketing agency is handling the general sale.  Here it is ticketmaster.

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber

If you used your code already you are allowed no seats in the presale.  If you did not use your code then you are allowed two seats.  You can buy two seats for one show or one seat for two different shows.  If you are buying them in the general sale then it should say how many you can buy at whatever ticketing agency is handling the general sale.  Here it is ticketmaster.

But i heard they include the presale, so if you bought 2 in presale then you can only buy 2 in general or as i thought before 4 making 6?. Also now after the first dates surely on the next general sale you can buy another 2? or 4 or 8? 

Edited by utwothefly

• Subscriber

No, they don't include the presale.  The presale and general onsale limits are distinct.  And through general sales, the limits are per show, so you could conceivably buy 4 tix at multiple different shows through general onsales (on top of your 2 presale tix, which IS a totally one-shot thing, except for buying 1 at one show and 1 for another).

• Subscriber

Cheers :) Been a bit confusing as i've read a few different things today, but that sounds right. The second day of general sale is 8 i believe and that should be per show too.

Edited by utwothefly

• Subscriber

According to TM it's 2 per show limit. I'm going with what they say as their the ones doing the cancelling.

Huh?  That's not what TM says on their website--they say 4 tix limit (1st day of general onsale)--?

• Subscriber

No, they don't include the presale. The presale and general onsale limits are distinct. And through general sales, the limits are per show, so you could conceivably buy 4 tix at multiple different shows through general onsales (on top of your 2 presale tix, which IS a totally one-shot thing, except for buying 1 at one show and 1 for another).

Um... that's a bit wrong. I got two tickets in presale (for the 1st of two shows), but it wouldn't allow me to buy 4 more to 2nd night from the same account. This was for Berlin, BTW.

• Subscriber

No, they don't include the presale. The presale and general onsale limits are distinct. And through general sales, the limits are per show, so you could conceivably buy 4 tix at multiple different shows through general onsales (on top of your 2 presale tix, which IS a totally one-shot thing, except for buying 1 at one show and 1 for another).

Um... that's a bit wrong. I got two tickets in presale (for the 1st of two shows), but it wouldn't allow me to buy 4 more to 2nd night from the same account. This was for Berlin, BTW.

Wow.  Well, I can say that this doesn't happen in the US.  I've bought tickets to dozens of U2 shows over the last three tours, and always the presale vs. general onsale limits were completely distinct.  From what you say, though, this may be different in Europe.  Or, come to think of it, in Europe there are various different businesses that handle these issues, and some may differ from others.  Here, it's just TM.

Edited by mike7man