Which hotel?

kwaite

• Subscriber

Also, Embassy Suites on State (and there's another one to the east of North Michigan Ave.--maybe on Huron St.??) is/are both just fine.  Good area, close to things.  I've stayed at both.  Free breakfast, but expect a cattle call/mass of people for that free breakfast.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Most of your decent hotels will be along or close to the Magnificent Mile. Unfortunately there really aren't any hotels near the united center which makes it even more difficult. I remember walking for miles the last time U2 came to Chicago. 

• Subscriber

I'll likely be driving in from CLE (although if a great flight opens up I may snag it). Friend is coming in from MN. Any thoughts for hotels?

Embassy Suites has been mentioned. Any others? We want to reserve room soon but aren't sure where to look.

If we both fly in easy to get taxi back? (I figure there will not be hard).

I used to travel to Chicago for work A LOT and stayed all over downtown..Embassy Suites on State was a solid go to.  I'd definatley recommend it for the concert trip.  there's nicer hote;s, but for the money, you cant be the free Happy Hour, and breakfast.  the Happy Hour will definately come in handy before heading over to the United Center..hell I may see ya there!..cheers 

• Subscriber

Most of your decent hotels will be along or close to the Magnificent Mile. Unfortunately there really aren't any hotels near the united center which makes it even more difficult. I remember walking for miles the last time U2 came to Chicago. 

No doubt...After hitting that McDonalds Hard, (what a scene) I too walked a loooong way back to downtown...Great show though...I think that was Bono's Bday show for Vertigo...such a great city...I'd like to make it out on the stadium leg of this tour.

• Subscriber

It's probably 2-3 miles from the United Center to downtown. Why walk? There is a regular 24 hour bus line that stops right in front of the arena even if you miss the event express buses.

If there are questions about getting around Chicago without a car, just ask here and someone will try to help you out.

• Subscriber

I'll likely be driving in from CLE (although if a great flight opens up I may snag it). Friend is coming in from MN. Any thoughts for hotels?

Embassy Suites has been mentioned. Any others? We want to reserve room soon but aren't sure where to look.

If we both fly in easy to get taxi back? (I figure there will not be hard).

Got my room at Holiday Inn Express in Cicero near ORD.  Stayed at same hotel for 360 Sep '09.  No complaints.

• Subscriber

For chicago I reccomend the Crowne Plaza that is lightly outside of downtown (they have a shuttle to downtown) and include parking, and the Holiday Inn at the Mart is my favorite as it is walking distance to the L