$300 Upper Level Tickets - Shameful

marcust99

• Subscriber

30 year fan here and I have to admit this is crazy. Sure it's capitalism and the whole supply/demand thing, but WTF. How can upper level seats in an arena be valued the same as the best seats in the house.? Not to mention:

The most IDIOTIC thing is that for Toronto they are selling "Platinum Seats" BEHIND THE STAGE for $495 a pop. The only thing go you get for your $500 besides a seat is

"Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!"

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/u2-innoce...ink=edp_buytix

WTF. I almost feel embarrassed to be a U2 fan when I see crap like this. C'mon guys REALLY??

• Subscriber

Shameful? Brilliant.  Anyone else would do the same.  A good percentage of the seats were $40 - $120.  Best seats in the house are $89.  Nothing to complain about!

LOL! You're joking right?

"A good percentage of the seats were $40 - $120." - Like what - 5%$? Troll the forums - NOBODY got those.

"  Best seats in the house are $89." - Again, what 2k tickets out of a 19k arena?

Bottom line - GREED has taken control of U2.

• Subscriber

I'm afraid I have to agree. Looked at different venues in UK and found all the decent seats were the top price. £160-180 for one ticket. Jesus! Who can afford £350 to go to a concert with their friend/partner! I don't know why U2 feel the need to make so much profit on their tickets. Don't get me started on the VIP packages. Hotel/meal/ticket £2000 plus for two people. I'm curious to know exactly who that is aimed at. Certainly not your average U2 fan.

• Subscriber

Shameful? Brilliant. Anyone else would do the same. A good percentage of the seats were $40 - $120. Best seats in the house are $89. Nothing to complain about!

LOL! You're joking right?

"A good percentage of the seats were $40 - $120." - Like what - 5%$? Troll the forums - NOBODY got those.

" Best seats in the house are $89." - Again, what 2k tickets out of a 19k arena?

Bottom line - GREED has taken control of U2.

I got 2 pre-sale tickets for night 1 at $113 each (in the 100 level), and 4 public sale for night 2 at $113 each (in the 300 level). All I did was filter my selection by price when picking tickets through Ticketmaster and they popped right up.

• Subscriber

It's a disgrace. The Air Canada Centre still has plenty of seats available in the 300 Level for $300.00. It's U2's loss though for being greedy. If they would have made the upper level seats $110.00 they would have sold out both shows and probobaly added 2 more shows. Again the price for being greedy. Nobody is going to pay $300 for Upper Level at the ACC. It looks like after Row 11 the price goes down to $110.00. There are 18 Rows total in the Upper Level 300 level at the Air Canada Centre so 11 out of the 18 Rows are $300 seats. Pretty sad.

Edited by kitemaster

• 2 weeks later...