Any progress on some kind of trading process?

• Subscriber

The mods have mentioned that this may be (eventually) possible.  It's really only an issue w/GA and RZ tix, since only they are the CC entry thing (reserved seats aren't).  But, especially with the new dates being added, it would be super-helpful to know that it would be possible, say, to trade 1 GA for one show for a GA from another show, etc.  I'm not holding my breath that this will be straightened out anytime soon, which is too bad given the rapidly upcoming sales for the new dates, but just thought I'd ask.  And mods--you've been doing a heroic, fantastic job helping everyone with all sorts of things.  So please understand this is not a complaint!

• Community Manager

The mods have mentioned that this may be (eventually) possible.  It's really only an issue w/GA and RZ tix, since only they are the CC entry thing (reserved seats aren't).  But, especially with the new dates being added, it would be super-helpful to know that it would be possible, say, to trade 1 GA for one show for a GA from another show, etc.  I'm not holding my breath that this will be straightened out anytime soon, which is too bad given the rapidly upcoming sales for the new dates, but just thought I'd ask.  And mods--you've been doing a heroic, fantastic job helping everyone with all sorts of things.  So please understand this is not a complaint!

ongoing discussion, will mete with similar threads, ta

• Community Manager

ongoing discussion, will merge with similar threads, ta

• Subscriber

Was thinking how Ticketmaster would facilitate this and the easiest process, being paperless, would be for parties to 'send' their ticket to Ticketmaster and would be assigned a code

They would then trade this code and new owners contact Ticketmaster with code and the tickets would be added to their account

The same could be done with selling extra tickets in that they return the tickets and given a refund through Ticketmaster then sell the code on here at face value

New buyer re deems the secret code and pays for ticket

• Subscriber

Ticketmaster isn't going to come up with an entirely new way to do this. They already have a transfer button, so you'll probably just have to do PayPal, and then transfer to that user on Ticketmaster. Otherwise, you're just creating a way to scalp tickets where Ticketmaster isn't getting a cut, which... they're not really concerned about making that happen.