London-cheap accommodation

• Subscriber

Hi all fellow London going fans

As soon as I got my tickets for the O2 started looking for hotels- quite a few of the ones nearby were full up and others too pricey

But managed to pick up Travelodge at Waterloo for £54 which I thought was pretty darn reasonable and not too far from the O2 on the tube- bit wary about Travelodges as they can be very hit or miss on quality- as I remember from the 360 tour and the Wembley Travelodge being miles from the stadium and not the best hotel I've stayed in shall we say.  But this one gets good reviews on Tripadvisor so thought would share find with my fellow U2 fans on here. And no I don't work for Travelodge just like a bargain and sharing it!!!

or you could stay at the Clink hostels in Kings Cross for £20 and get there after the gig by going to Blackfriars or London Bridge on the express riverboat and jumping on the Thames link service to St Pancras.

also, many other decent, clean, secure, friendly hostels such as St Christopher's hostel in London Bridge 

• Subscriber

I went with an Ibis right across the river from the O2, transport to arena via tube or riverboat from Canary Wharf.  I wasn't to fussed on quality, I just want a bed to sleep in, was £85 for a twin or double room. Not as cheap as others but thought I'd pop it here seen as it was under £100 and the cheaper places will be booked up eventually