Sign in to follow this  
ru55beck

Old Timers in the Innocence Pre-Sale

As a member of U2.com for many, many years (at least 10) - I let my PAID membership lapse this year and am now in the Innocence group - WTF guys?  Does loyalty count for nothing?

I go way back to that yellow sheet we got for U2 POPMART and Propaganda. However, I've learn over the past couple of tours that you kind of have to guess that if you THINK U2 is going to tour in the next year or so, renew the membership. I've let it lapse post Vertigo and 360, but I renewed last year, thinking they might tour this year...

Personally, they should probably do it like Pearl Jam. Lower the cost slightly (like $25-$30) and have an auto-renew option that's default is ON.

Edited by krisvott

I agree with updating if you think they are touring - BUT - U2.com knows your original sign up date - once you renew you should still end up in the appropriate group - that's what they did on Vertigo.

Edited by ru55beck

I agree with updating if you think they are touring - BUT - U2.com knows your original sign up date - once you renew you should still end up in the appropriate group - that's what they did on Vertigo.

exactly!

I guess the only positive thing is that perhaps most of the Experience group used their codes already.  Last week I wasn't able to get anything at MSG below nosebleed level and the cost was OUTRAGEOUS for such crappy seats.

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again.  What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again.  What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

There are lots of ways - I guess my point here is that the U2.com guys should have worked a bit harder for us old time fans who used to buy tickets the old fashioned way - line up outside the venue - On Joshua Tree tour I was lucky to see them a few times in and around Ct.  Those were the days you could buy a ticket right before the show.  Selling out venues pre-internet was much harder to do.

I am dating myself but I remember lining up overnight outside of a video rental store in queens ny to get tickets for the Joshua tree tour through ticketmaster lol

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again. What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

They send reminder emails too.

I think it's fair to reward those that don't let their subscriptions expire. Otherwise what's gonna stop people from paying subscription once every 5 years when U2 goes on tour?

That said, shit sometimes happens and they could put up a policy to allow one month grace period after expiry to give time to get the seniority reinstated.

Sign in to follow this