Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

The Dream Subscribers Gig

I think I still have the keychain...  :huh:

I also still have my copies of Propaganda :-P

ok, rick is out of the lottery :lol:

and I used to like you    ;)

I love you too :)

Wonderful idea.. in Europe, Dublin would be perfect, a pick of songs (i don't mind which, love all of them), only for subs older than 2 years, 1 ticket per sub.. and with lot of time to organize it (not 1 week/month before).. Would adore it!!!

Ps: no lottery, never been lucky :P

Edited by lauretta1979

I think I still have the keychain...  :huh:

I also still have my copies of Propaganda :-P

Me too! What year was the "keychain"?

ok, rick is out of the lottery :lol:

and I used to like you    ;)

I love you too :)

:))

for you I would dig up that keychain, has to be somewhere in the house...

Ahem.

WNZ9UtEl.jpg

In it's original wrapper with accompanying letter and everything. Did I win the internet today?  B)

As a young fan, i just started working a few years ago and could only get a subscription this year because you need to be 18 in order to have a credit card, I would feel a bit sad that because of my age i could not enter for such a gig...It should be open for all subscribers, if you've been a fan since the 80's or not doesn't mean you deserve it more...

you make a good point.  You would probably get a lot more excited about it than this old fart anyway   :)

Wouldn't have said it like that :P I think music should unite people...not start the classic *was there before you* thing... (sorry if it's not clear, i'm french canadian!) 

Me too! What year was the "keychain"?

2004/2005

for you I would dig up that keychain, has to be somewhere in the house...

Wow, you're going wild :D

Ahem.

In it's original wrapper with accompanying letter and everything. Did I win the internet today?  B) :P

I have both of them too. So we are in!

My modest proposal:

Maybe, rather than only for 10 years sub, the concert could be reserved for 5 years sub (I'm a 10 years sub :D).

Croke Park, no alternative.

Announcement 2-3 months before

Edited by Angel

Sadly, the amount of joy for those inside the show would be dwarfed by the cries of unfair from everyone else... most of which would likely be that a lot of these cases typically geo-target members. Like, back when Counting Crows had a paid membership (which they abandoned after a few years), I lived in San Francisco and the band was in San Francisco, so all of the surprise things were, you guessed it, in San Francisco. So, I kept going to all of these free online concerts for Yahoo and such, and the band would just hang out with the audience after the show, etc.

But you can imagine the message boards from the non-CA members. I stopped even admitting when I won/attended things publicly, heh.

So, on one hand, it would be cool to open it up. But it's also a bit crazy to pick a user in Tokyo and say, Congratulations, you can go see a free U2 concert in NYC next week. Click here to confirm your attendance, or click here to say you can't make it. ;-)

Edited by jeffwalsh

Sign in to follow this