• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Specific concert would be awesome- of course I'd love it to be in the States ;) easier for me to get to.

Hmmmm.... What about select members get in for special sound check on tour? Could do combo of those going to concert and maybe those that couldn't get ticket but are in the area?

But definitely agree with live streaming to paid subscribers.

• Subscriber

First, I'm thrilled that this is even a possibility!!

please hold any and all wild horses... it's a mere mind exercise...

do not make any plans. at all...

You mean I don't need to be queueing outside the 3 arena right now?

#awks

• Subscriber

Long time member here, but this is my first time posting.  (edit: I thought this was my first post, but the box to the side says it's my 16th post… so… first post in forever?)

I love the idea of a dream subscribers gig.  For my, my dream show would probably be more about having a more obscure song choice than having a smaller venue.  ...

I think I understand what you're saying, but I still think venue would be key. Hearing Promenade at Croke or the SkyDome wouldn't be the same as hearing it at the Olympia or Massey Hall.

And while there may be 3xx, xxx+ subscribers to U2.com, it's tough for me to believe that that many are paid members.

And as much as I would LOVE to give priority access to this hypothetical show to long-time members (I'm a Propaganda member from '97.) this would be a shit-show for U2 inc.

(...but I wouldn't object to it!)

• Subscriber

Oh sorry, didn't realise something that's readily available was a secret :-P

secret is something you tell one other person....

please hold any and all wild horses... it's a mere mind exercise...

do not make any plans. at all...

You mean I don't need to be queueing outside the 3 arena right now?

#awks

I was about to start the queue at the Olympia :P

• Community Moderator

the thing is... let's say it stay as what it is (a mere mind, collaborative exercise)... there is the potential for "But the mods SAID IT WAS TO HAPPEN!!!"

So... better to have this disclaimer: a mere mental exercise. Do not make any assumptions and do not make any plan. What is encouraged is to participate and throw ideas...

if it materializes it, good... but if it doesn't, better to remember what it was in order to avoid any possible disappointment...

btw and on the "throwing ideas" dept: a small venue, like The Gaiety Theater... making it a "U2 Live by request" sort of event...

this could help for making my long lived dream/ambition of finally being able to listen to "Elvis Presley and America" and "The Three Sunrises" live... =D

• Subscriber

The Gaiety Theater... 

Damn, I was right! Ok, no problem, in 10 minutes can be there from the Olympia, even less...   :P

(just joking Max, doing excercise as you said ;) )

Edited by monica martino
  • Subscriber

the thing is... let's say it stay as what it is (a mere mind, collaborative exercise)... there is the potential for "But the mods SAID IT WAS TO HAPPEN!!!"

So... better to have this disclaimer: a mere mental exercise. Do not make any assumptions and do not make any plan. What is encouraged is to participate and throw ideas...

if it materializes it, good... but if it doesn't, better to remember what it was in order to avoid any possible disappointment...

btw and on the "throwing ideas" dept: a small venue, like The Gaiety Theater... making it a "U2 Live by request" sort of event...

this could help for making my long lived dream/ambition of finally being able to listen to "Elvis Presley and America" and "The Three Sunrises" live... =D

Of course, Max!!  We should all be very clear that nothing remotely approaching any kind of promises about this happening have been made by you guys--that for now, it's simply a fun idea.