• Subscriber

First, I'm thrilled that this is even a possibility!!

please hold any and all wild horses... it's a mere mind exercise...

do not make any plans. at all...

Sorry, no can do, plane tickets are non-refundable.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

And for the dream show, they might do what Peter Gabriel did this year when I saw h live: basically, his set was split into three parts. At first it was a couple of slower, quieter, songs (one of which was not even finished yet!). Then the 2nd part was his hits and the better known works. The final part, or as he said "desert", was his "So" album in all its entirety.

U2 could do something similar.. Start with some easier, slower songs. Then have Bad finish the first part and go into Streets, Elevation, COBL, Until the End of the World, etc. Then complete Songs of Innocence. For encore '40'.

• Subscriber

This is 'hypothetically' ;) a fantastic idea, I think it extremely unlikely I would be able to attend this imaginary event simply because I have a young family I cannot just drop at a moments notice and I'm not rolling in enough cash to just jump on a train/plane (it's taken me 12mths to save for this tour). So live stream and DVD sub gift would be awesome.

But if by some chance it came about that it ever happened and I was in a position to attend I would hope that the band would not consider me less of a fan simply because A. I am to young to have been a shameless fan girl in the 80s (I've been hanging off the bands every sound since I was a little girl but one cannot account for the time your own conception!) and B. Have only recently had the disposable income to afford a subscription (no i'm not less committed, just less well off than some). But I'm sure they wouldn't, I do not think that would be in the spirit of U2 and everything they stand for.

If I had a choice over the where, then of course maybe the Civic/Wulfrun in Wolves (never going to happen I know, but it's practically in my back yard ;) ) small but big enough to get plenty of happy Zootops in, I would enjoy getting together with so many Zootops as much as I would enjoy seeing the band.

If I had a choice over the when then give me a few weeks notice and rough idea of location, so I can financially and practically prepare (no reason we couldn't be given a specific location then bus us to the real location if secrecy is an issue, depending on numbers of course).

If I had a choice of playlist, I would take anything just for the opportunity, but I'd give my right arm to see Gloria and some super rarities.

Ticket allocation, my heart says let me bring my sister who is as big a fan as any of us but simply does not have the means pay a subscription fee, but my head says well at some point this turns into a stadium gig so you have to stop somewhere, I would want a much more intimate setting. Only way round that would be to do a lot in many locations, which is highly unlikely.

Last of all, I just want the boys and as many Zootops as possible to sign my t-shirt so I will have something to mark an unforgettable experience, love this big U2 family :)

Edited by Rhi_K
  • Subscriber

I would actually be up for NO hits whatsoever. No Streets, no WOWY, no Sunday Bloody Sunday... we don't need to hear those. Most of us have heard them live before, and those that haven't will get their chance on the upcoming tour. There's so many songs that people always post about wanting to hear that we KNOW aren't going to get played on a tour, ever... why not dedicate the setlist to those songs? It could be our only chance, if such a gig were to ever even happen.

Edited by Faye_Kelly
  • Subscriber

How about they did 20 shows All of them in major cities and in big stadiums as a Payed subscriber you get 1 ticket and its all first come first serve as to where you sit lets say they did them all in 100,000 capacity that's only 2 million people but I don't think there would be any way to please us all

• Subscriber

Dublin would probably be the fairest way to go. I think a lot of people would travel to their home turf and as somebody mentioned earlier, the Gaiety theatre would be a good venue.

If they decided that more than one show was doable, maybe they could do a handful of shows as a warm up for the tour? 1 in London, couple in Europe, couple in the states.

Could let subscribers know that they have a ticket and what city it is in a couple of days before the show, so they can get travel/accommodation in order and then on the day, let them know the venue.

As I have a family, I would probably only be able to make it if it was in London. A venue like the Hammersmith Apollo (where they played a few times in the early 80's) would be a good size.

• Subscriber

Sorry - forgot the mandatory tongue out smiley to demonstrate joking!

I really like the idea of rigging something up at the dandelion market or mcgonagles and them playing in an old haunt, doing a q and a with the audience and doing a live by request thing.

You know, "an audience with U2" - the dude whose name I always forget who gets first play could compere and it could be co sponsored by hot press.

Just my two penny's worth