stadium tour 2016 presale codes

Inger

• Subscriber

Only if you are renewed for the year in which they go onsale.  So, if one renews now for 2015, sometime late in 2015 the 2016 tour will be announced, and then we'll get codes (i.e., from next year's subscription).  We won't get "free" codes for 2016.

• Subscriber

So help me understand.m if your account needs renewed in September lets say....would it be advantageous to renew now or in jan to get new codes once 2016 leg announced?

• Subscriber

I'm fairly sure that it works like this: Now, we're getting 2015 leg presale codes because we're currently subscribed, and the tour was announced now.  Say you renewed or joined or whatever in Sept 2014.  So, sometime around Sept. 2015 (or before), you'll renew.  Then you'll be current in (e.g.) late 2015, when they announce the 2016 leg--and you'll get new codes for that leg at that time.  So no, it's not advantageous to renew now (unless, of course, you'll be expiring soon).  Just wait until it's time for you to renew (sometime next year, presumably), and you should be golden for 2016 presale tix.  Make sense?

• Subscriber

So help me understand.m if your account needs renewed in September lets say....would it be advantageous to renew now or in jan to get new codes once 2016 leg announced?

Renew when it's due (Sept).

I think that's how it was for 360 tour... My emails go back to only 2010, so I cant check. But when the tour was announced im 2009 existing subscribers got codes assigned, divided in groups, etc. When they announced 2010 dates new codes got assigned.

I think some people whose subscription expired around the critical dates had minor issues, but generally it was okay.

It may well be that in 2016 they play arenas in South America and Australia, NZ, Asia plus South Africa, Eastern Europe & Russia/Israel ... plus one or 2 festivals...

I doubt they will do a fully-fledged stadium tour this time around, I suspect it will be similar to the Elevation Tour/Vertigo Tours with only a couple of Outdoor shows such as Turin, Slane Castle...

• Subscriber

The simple answer(I think): as long as you stay current with your paid subscription, you'll get a code when they're given out. If you let it lapse then you run the risk of missing out on codes.

In other words, it's not like the 25% coupon where you get only one per renewal. So I don't think you need to worry about trying to time your renewal early to correspond with tour announcements.

• Subscriber

The simple answer(I think): as long as you stay current with your paid subscription, you'll get a code when they're given out. If you let it lapse then you run the risk of missing out on codes.

This is how it went for 360 tour. That's how it likely will be again. People who keep their membership active and don't let it expire will be fine. People who forget or ignore the expiration date are the ones who are running into problems this time around and who should write themselves notes to keep an eye on it so they renew in time next time.

• Subscriber

It may well be that in 2016 they play arenas in South America and Australia, NZ, Asia plus South Africa, Eastern Europe & Russia/Israel ... plus one or 2 festivals...

I doubt they will do a fully-fledged stadium tour this time around, I suspect it will be similar to the Elevation Tour/Vertigo Tours with only a couple of Outdoor shows such as Turin, Slane Castle...

I doubt that very much, given that Edge has said that 2016 will be a stadium leg.  And even if 2016 turned out to be a (mostly) arena leg, it will again be US & Europe--it's been that way on their tours for many years (including the ones you mention).  Also, if the past is any judge (e.g., Vertigo, 360), the "rest of the world" leg will be in 2017, and again mostly stadiums.  The general pattern for a long time is 2 US/Europe legs, followed by a "rest of the world" leg.

• Subscriber

In other words, it's not like the 25% coupon where you get only one per renewal. So I don't think you need to worry about trying to time your renewal early to correspond with tour announcements.

I like your answer better than mine--it's very clear and simple.

Archived