Sign in to follow this  
andy scotson

Please no... the support acts you really would rather avoid.

U2 usually have really bad opening acts

Glasvegas in Cardiff it was painful , In Manchester in Vertigo  I saw athlete whey were also bad but the worse of all is also the Vertigo tour  in Mexico city the secret machines 

Athlete are definitely the worst I've seen, I thought their set at Twickers was never going to end.

How about bringing some old firends from the salad days on the road with them? Simple Minds? Big Country? Mike Peters?

Obviously, they should have a really new band open for them on Innocence dates, and a very seasoned band open for them on Experience... not sure a seasoned band would want to only play every 4 days, though.

How about bringing some old firends from the salad days on the road with them? Simple Minds? Big Country? Mike Peters?

Mike Peters was fronting Big Country for a tour or two.

Simple Minds would be pretty cool. Their stature has definitely diminished over here in North America, to the point where I could see them opening up for U2.

I think my earlier idea of having a different band for each night. Go with a newer band for the Innocence night, and one of their contemporaries for night 2 (Simple Minds, James, and The Alarm would be great (2015 marks 30 years since Strength was released.)

Mike Peters was fronting Big Country for a tour or two.

Simple Minds would be pretty cool. Their stature has definitely diminished over here in North America, to the point where I could see them opening up for U2.

Simple Minds seem to be having a bit of a revival over here (UK). They opened the BBC Sport Personality of the Year show last night (like the UK Oscars of sport), playing Waterfront live. First time I've seen them on UK TV for years and years!

At this point names are just popping into my head and I'm thinking "Oh God no!" One other band I don't want to see is Snow Patrol. Bland, derivative and uninteresting.

Simple Minds...nice call.

Not sure how SIA would translate in an arena but she is fantastic live in intimate spaces, so GA's would appreciate her.

Or/and all UK shows opened by a reunion of The English Beat !

You guys are just reminding me of the bands I'd love to see:  Muse, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Jay Z...... and Spoon - who said Spoon? What a fabulous idea!  And how about Young the Giant?  My only problem with opening acts is that they usually get the inferior sound system

Sign in to follow this