Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Supporting Acts [MERGED]

Residual Kid from Austin (just signed by Seymuor Stein) would be awesome for this tour. It would go with the Innocence vibe. 

Since that is not going to happen I would be more than happy with Savages, Sleater Kinney, Ex Hexx, The National, TV on the Radio, etc.. Just no Fray!!

All I can hope and dream and think of is

JAMES for Germany!

JAMES for Europe!

JAMES for America!

They are so highly energetic and bring joy to any place they perform at!

It would challenge U2 each night not to look old after them (although they are of the same age) - definitely a win-win! ;)

Edited by Ethrillnet

Local/Regional U2 cover band opening. Eliminates the blaring audio recordings.  innocence ---to---> experience.

Less than 8 weeks until the first show, right?

And NO information about ANY opening act so far?!?

I just hope its not the same band every night and they're shite!

I think it could make things interesting to have a different band every night. I was watching Killing Bono again and noted the scene from the Joshua Tree tour where Bono was on the phone to McCormick asking if his band wanted to support them at Croke Park because they wanted a local band to support at the gig. I think it'd be interesting if, for each city, they got a band that was local to the area to play as support act. I guess that's just wishful thinking though...

I thought I saw someone in here mention Hozier, I would LOVE that for the Denver show!  Big fan of his, and I think his music would be well received by the U2 audience!

Sign in to follow this