• Subscriber

London Grammar, did a fantastic job supporting Coldplay on a few dates last year.

The Joy Formidable, support for Muse on their last arena tour.

Muse are doing festivals next year so I don't think it will be them. Would be nice to see Elbow or Snow Patrol again though.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'd kill for Arcade Fire but that's not happening (maybe Montreal?) so I'll go with War on Drugs. Definitely don't want to see Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol. Vampire Weekend would also be pretty awesome!

• Subscriber

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

I'm open to other bands too though.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

• Subscriber

Coming with a new album next year, so maybe Editors (in Europe)?

Supporting acts on U2 Tours are always nice because a lot of those supporting acts, are big big names: Muse, Snow Patrol, Interpol,... 

To be honest, I'm not too keen on a big name support act, I'd rather have a band who are young, relatively unknown, hungry and who could get a real boost from a U2 support slot.

• Subscriber

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

I'm open to other bands too though.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

Royal Blood is opening up for the Foo Fighters (a much better fit, IMO).

The Joy Formidable would be awesome: Ritzy is a fireball on stage and I think their songs would really come across well in a larger setting.

• Subscriber

Given Bono's recent remarks, I would't be surprised when it's Future Islands. And as U2 have very often been able to contract the hottest band around, I keep thinking about Royal Blood.

This!  Love Future Islands, going to see them in Philly and can't wait.