Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Supporting Acts [MERGED]

Beck, Foster the People, Broken Bells would be great.

Arcade Fire would be AMAZING, but thinking they may be too big now, as they have headlined some of these arenas alone now.

Haim/Chvrches would definitely be good.

Given Bono's recent remarks, I would't be surprised when it's Future Islands. And as U2 have very often been able to contract the hottest band around, I keep thinking about Royal Blood.

This. Royal Blood please, seen them twice at Finsbury Park for the Arctic Monkeys' gigs and was blown away at how massive a sound 2 blokes can make. They remind me of White Stripes but with a infinitely less attractive drummer (sorry Ben Thatcher but Meg White is soooo hot!)

I remember Kasabian were the support in Hannover 2010 - I think I was the only guy in my block going mental, would be great to have them again but I can't see it somehow...

Edited by drunkchicken1

Speaking of both of these bands, I recently saw Royal Blood open up for Pixies. Both blew me away! I actually got introduced to Pixies when I saw them open for U2 on ZooTV (best concert of my life). I heard Pixies didn't have a great time touring with U2, so I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

TV on the Radio would be amazing. Or My Morning Jacket! Can you imagine?

In all the hoopla of getting tickets, we forgot one thing who are going to be the opening acts. Are there any guesses at who might be these acts.

TV On The Radio, Spoon, War On Drugs, Parquet Courts, Jaguar Ma, Desert Noises

YES YES YES!!! All Great Suggestions.  I would cry like a school girl if TVOTR opened for U2 considering they are my number 2 favorite band.

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

I'm open to other bands too though.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

Royal Blood is opening up for the Foo Fighters (a much better fit, IMO).

The Joy Formidable would be awesome: Ritzy is a fireball on stage and I think their songs would really come across well in a larger setting.

I'm actually seeing Royal Blood open for Foo Fighters at Wembley in June, looking forward to that. I've caught bits of The Joy Formidable's sets twice (at Reading Festival 2012 and supporting Bloc Party at Earl's Court in 2013) but I've never caught a whole set of theirs. Need to do that.

The best U2 openers I have seen:

1. Rage Against the Machine

2. Public Enemy

3. The Pixies

RATM opened for U2? o.O

I keep thinking of new potential openers.

Alt-J could be good. I've heard good things about them.

St. Vincent, too.

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

I'm open to other bands too though.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

Royal Blood is opening up for the Foo Fighters (a much better fit, IMO).

The Joy Formidable would be awesome: Ritzy is a fireball on stage and I think their songs would really come across well in a larger setting.

I'm actually seeing Royal Blood open for Foo Fighters at Wembley in June, looking forward to that. I've caught bits of The Joy Formidable's sets twice (at Reading Festival 2012 and supporting Bloc Party at Earl's Court in 2013) but I've never caught a whole set of theirs. Need to do that.

Yes mate, good snag getting those Foos tickets, that'll be immense - Royal Blood is the perfect opener for them! My next gig is Royal Blood actually, 10 Jan in Koln - same city I will see U2 in October✌

Sign in to follow this