• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'd love the National but (shhhhh) would worry they would upstage U2.  U2 has been my #1 band for about 30 years now, but nobody does a better live show right now than the National.

Still, that would be more than a little epic.

will never happen though as National are too big now.

The real issue is that with this odd schedule (few cities, many shows per city) it will be an odd band that can open.  Not someone that is large enough to do their own headlining tour or that wants to hit as many cities as possible to build up fan support.

either someone; established that does not have an album to tour on at the moment OR someone very small/obscure (but locally popular) that U2 wants to give a boost to.  That is kind of what the Rolling Stones have done on past tours......

• Subscriber

I'd love the National but (shhhhh) would worry they would upstage U2.  U2 has been my #1 band for about 30 years now, but nobody does a better live show right now than the National.

Still, that would be more than a little epic.

will never happen though as National are too big now.

The real issue is that with this odd schedule (few cities, many shows per city) it will be an odd band that can open.  Not someone that is large enough to do their own headlining tour or that wants to hit as many cities as possible to build up fan support.

either someone; established that does not have an album to tour on at the moment OR someone very small/obscure (but locally popular) that U2 wants to give a boost to.  That is kind of what the Rolling Stones have done on past tours......

The National certainly aren't to big for the States...I'd rather the Editors, if War on Drugs is a no-go

• Subscriber

Noel Gallagher would work well in the USA.   Here in the UK Noel sell's out arena's, but only theatres in the USA.  Both Noel and U2 are good friends.  Oasis once supported U2 in San Francisco on the PopMart Tour 1997.  

In the UK i think The Charlatans would work.  They have a new album coming soon.  So would Primal Scream.  Primal Scream in Glasgow would be mega cool.