Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Supporting Acts [MERGED]

Royal Blood.  I didn't manage to get tickets for their Belgian gig in Brussels, so bring it on, U2.

Good choice.

Royal Blood are supporting Foo Fighters on next years UK stadium tour.

I watched Royal Blood last year support Arctic Monkeys.

Royal Blood.  I didn't manage to get tickets for their Belgian gig in Brussels, so bring it on, U2.

Good choice.

Arctic Monkeys would be great too :)

Why couldn't it be U2 for 2.5 hours, with a brief break in between? 

I'd much rather hear them play selections from throughout their catalogue (i.e., not just the hits) than listen to anyone else. 

(And I say this having really appreciated their bringing unique bands to the fore via their opening slot through the years)

Good choice.

Seeing them in Portsmouth next year, not sure if they would be good before an acoustic set if though.

Weird one...but wouldn't mind The Ting Tings their surprisingly good live

Noel Gallagher would work well in the USA.   Here in the UK Noel sell's out arena's, but only theatres in the USA.  Both Noel and U2 are good friends.  Oasis once supported U2 in San Francisco on the PopMart Tour 1997.  

In the UK i think The Charlatans would work.  They have a new album coming soon.  So would Primal Scream.  Primal Scream in Glasgow would be mega cool.

Always up for the Charlatans  :) Hoping they do Glastonbury next year as well

Noel Gallagher would work well in the USA.   Here in the UK Noel sell's out arena's, but only theatres in the USA.  Both Noel and U2 are good friends.  Oasis once supported U2 in San Francisco on the PopMart Tour 1997.  

In the UK i think The Charlatans would work.  They have a new album coming soon.  So would Primal Scream.  Primal Scream in Glasgow would be mega cool.

Always up for the Charlatans  :) Hoping they do Glastonbury next year as well

Respect to you dude!!

Of course we all would love to see only U2 for 2.5 hours, or 3 hours, or 4 hours (like The Boss), but it will never happen. U2 has always been about promoting a variety of musical tastes (one of the reasons I love them so), and have often gone out of their way to mix it up. It just kills me that I missed Rage Against the Machine by two shows on Popmart. I also would have loved to see Public Enemy on ZooTV, or Jay Z on 360. But I do consider myself very lucky to have seen Pixies, PJ Harvey, and Muse open for them. My point is, the band tend to want to expose their audience to new sounds that aren't always typical of the "U2 sound".

Japandroids in Vancouver would be awesome. Also Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. And if The Dalton Brothers made another appearance, I think I might actually crap my pants.

I'd love to see Editors play before a show in the UK. :)

I've seen Editors 4 times, they are one of the best live acts I've ever seen and to have them supporting U2 in a stadium setting would go so well.

Support acts. M'eh ;)

That's beer time. Even 'Snow Patrol' a band who I actually really like and have seen a couple of times on home turf, managed to catch the final melodic bars, literally , at Croker '05 - wild horses couldn't get us out of the liquid bar!

U2, main attraction, accept no subs.

Sign in to follow this