Boston Hotel suggestions?

nitz1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

just fyi, we came to boston to see bruce a couple yrs ago, and we found an awesome deal on an apartment on VRBO....  it was located downtown, an incredible location and relatively inexpensive. Clean, private, and PERFECT!

just a thought!

• Subscriber

in fact, we're headed to Vancouver for this tour, and just confirmed an apartment / condo on VRBO for less than $100/night, near the venue, and it looks really great. 

we've had great luck on that site....  check it out :-)

• Subscriber

Hey, all.

I'll be up for the first two shows in Boston and have also been looking around for hotels. It looks like most of the decent hotels are $200+ a night at the moment. Doe anyone know if we should expect to see them come down in the next few months? The shows are still 6+ months away and I know that airline deals aren't available that far our usually.

I was really hoping to stay at the Holiday Inn in Brookline because my wife and I stayed their on our first visit to Boston ten years ago and found it incredibly convenient with a T stop right out front, but the price is still much higher than similar or nicer hotels downtown.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to singing and cheering with y'all in July!

Edited by johninathensga

• Subscriber

Hey John, somehow that feels expensive (even for Brookline). I'll take a quick peek to see if anything close to public transportation comes up because I would bet that there has to be something available between 100-150. You may also want to try AirBNB or similar sites for available apartments or homes.

I'm also currently working on a very broad list of restaurants, bars, and attrations in the area that are all accessible by walking or public transportation depending on where people will be located. I should have it posted in the next day or two.

Good luck with the search.

Andrew

• Subscriber

The prices are ridiculous- like NYC- I should have booked prior to show announcements then changed them around! 300-400 for rooms that are usually 200 - I like nice hotels but I don't want to pay up for average ones! The Liberty hotel is showing a rate of $800 plus taxes!! why!!!

• Subscriber

Ah Nitz,

Liberty Hotel is beautiful (and fairly close to TD Garden), but not necessary for good accommodations. It's a bit kitschy, being housed in an old jail, and is known for its high end bars and restaurants. Just perusing kayak and similar websites today, I found several hotels and B&B's between $150-300 dollars. Proximity to TD Garden may be variable, but the prices are definitely more reasonable.

Andrew