Sign in to follow this  
jenskar

Prepping for 2015 -- What is on your gearing up for U2 Playlist?

I decided it was time to stop worrying about where the stage is and start getting psyched for next .... JULY?  Ok, well, lots of time, no need to feel rushed -- heh.

What's on your "getting ready" Playlist?

Of the new songs in the past year, Ordinary Love really clicked for me.  

Do you think there is so much space for old songs (New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad,...)? Maybe 6-8 songs?

Do you think there is so much space for old songs (New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad,...)? Maybe 6-8 songs?

No, way more older stuff.  Typically, on the first leg after a new album is released, they'll do 5-6 (maybe 7) songs from the new album--everything else is from older stuff (c. 17-18 songs).  On the 2nd leg, new songs usually drop to maybe 3.  Of course, the wild card here is the whole "innocence-experience" thing, which we don't know how this will play out.  Offhand, one would think there would be relatively more new tunes the 1st night, relatively more old ones the 2nd.  And also, if they actually release the "experience" album during the tour, the number of new songs would increase.

Oh.  From ATYCLB and before?  Roughly speaking, maybe half the show (c. 11 songs).  They'll also play maybe 2 Vertigo songs and maybe 2 NLH songs, something like that.

Edited by mike7man

No playlist, but I'll need to revise lyrics for their older songs and learn lyrics to the SOI ones.

Been listening a lot to UF, so I hope some song or two from it will be on the show, Pride perhaps?!

Been listening a lot to UF, so I hope some song or two from it will be on the show, Pride perhaps?!

A sort of homecoming?

im making a playlist of one show from every gig U2 has played in boston.

i'll share when its all done.

Sign in to follow this